Do you have LADA or Type 2? Watch this interview today...

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have LADA or type 2 diabetes? It's an important question.

To learn more, listen to this interview with Dr. Ritamarie Loscalzo, "Exploring LADA: Latent Autoimmune Diabetes of Adulthood". The first 20 minutes of this lecture was incredibly helpful to me. She explains how to use a fasting insulin level, eat a carbohydrate rich breakfast, followed by a 45 minute post prandial insulin level to determine if you may have LADA. She then explains which testing to use after that to determine if you have LADA. The post prandial insulin level will give you helpful information - (post prandial insulin level of 15 to 20 is within normal range; 3 - 5, never above 10, suggests LADA and need for additional, more expensive testing: pancreatic islet cell antibodies, insulin antibodies, C-peptide, GAD).

It's available to listen to now and is available for 19 hours longer (from the time of this posting), which means it ends on Saturday at 7 a.m. Pacific Standard Time in the US or ends on Saturday at 2 p.m. in the UK.

Click on today's link at Access Today’s Talks by Clicking HERE! for The Diabetes Summit then click on Dr. Loscalzo's interview, then click on the "play" arrow. Each day's interviews are free but available for only 24 hours. You don't have to purchase the summit. If you miss it today, you have one more chance to view some or all interviews, not sure which, on Encore Day which is Day 8 of the summit.

Link works for me, hopefully it will for you too. If it doesn't, register here, then try the above link again... http://thediabetessummit.com/

Last edited:
Reactions: carnabychick

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I enjoyed the interview with cardiologist Joel Kahn, M.D. too, specifically regarding his comments on cardiovascular disease. It was also refreshing to hear him say he's not really keen about statins. Finished listening to Dr. Ritamarie Coscalzo's interview. Need to listen to it again. She covered a lot of ground and provided one of the best discussions of LADA that I've heard to date. :)

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, sadly each group of 4 to 5 interviews are only available to view for one day during The Diabetes Summit. It's an annual event. Begin looking for it in March 2018. Sorry you missed it. I know that was disappointing, but you can also search YouTube to see if you can find any presentations on Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults (LADA) there...

Reba

Type of diabetes
LADA
Do you have any more links? I would have loved to hear the above summit. I am a LADA and won't enough information to talk sensibly to my doctor. Don't know if I have you-tube.

Reactions: Leeannea

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you have any more links? I would have loved to hear the above summit. I am a LADA and won't enough information to talk sensibly to my doctor. Don't know if I have you-tube.
If you have internet access, just google "you tube LADA" or whatever and you'll have a list of options. Once you are on a you tube page there is always a list of videos similar to the one you chose initially that you can explore.

Reba

Type of diabetes
LADA
If you have internet access, just google "you tube LADA" or whatever and you'll have a list of options. Once you are on a you tube page there is always a list of videos similar to the one you chose initially that you can explore.