What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

debrasue

Please don't underplay your own results. 6.2mmols without medication is absolutely fantastic for any diabetic of any type in my book. I say this all the time that unmedicated type 2's who manage to walk the line deserve far more credit than they possibly realise. I for one certainly could not stick to the very strict regime that you all do. I wish you a better week next week with a lot less pain. Happy Friday to you too :)
Thank you :)

D

debrasue

good morning all :)

4.5 today

currently it's a soggy morning here but warmer than yesterday,

When the rain 'bates a bit I have a big spider waiting for eviction in the bathroom (I don't hate having spiders in the house but I wouldn't like to meet this one in the dark during the night :wideyed:), it will be happier living at the church ;)
Do you know if he's C of E ?

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aujourd'hui est vendredi et je déborde de joie. J'espère que vous êtes tous aussi. After a wobbly old evening and night where my blood sugars flatly refused to behave themselves and would not go above 2mmols I went through the usual silly stuff none of which had much effect. Eventually I got the better of it and have woken this morning with blood sugars of 9 mmols. Like a feller once said diabetes can ge a hole in the boat. A kick in the head. May you all have a high old Friday and most bodacious weekend.
Sorry you had to struggle honey. I'm sure Eden helped you through:happy: Stay safe today.

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That sounds like a lot of fun - I love kids of that age! I hope you all have a great time.
I got another 6.2 today - but no chocolate involved this time. Pain-related, I guess, it's been a tough week. :(
Happy Friday, peeps.
Arfur ritus? :grumpy: Isn't it sad that we can't self medicate pain relief with chocolate.:(. Sorry you're suffering "darl" (as they fondly refer to loved ones up here).

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
4.9 today but it's shot up to about 6 in two hours despite not eating anything. I was out for dinner last night and ate more carbs than usual - feel like I'll be paying for that for the next day or two. Running at about 2mmol/l higher than I normally would be at this time of day!

Anyone else get that?

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Aujourd'hui est vendredi et je déborde de joie. J'espère que vous êtes tous aussi. After a wobbly old evening and night where my blood sugars flatly refused to behave themselves and would not go above 2mmols I went through the usual silly stuff none of which had much effect. Eventually I got the better of it and have woken this morning with blood sugars of 9 mmols. Like a feller once said diabetes can ge a hole in the boat. A kick in the head. May you all have a high old Friday and most bodacious weekend.
Hope you have a better, more settled day today Diabeticliberty and enjoy your weekend break.