Food

darrenjallen

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pre diabetes here.
Bad day today. I over ate on chocolate and carbs. Sharing this to make myself feel guilty and to make myself not do the same thing tomorrow.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
That's playing Russian roulette and you need to address it quick smart. Blunt (I always am) but warranted. You do NOT want a diabetic membership. What is your diet?

I know a guy in the UK who ignored the warnings as he was pre diabetic but fell into the trap of "OK, I'll be fine" ... then he wasn't. Change now, not tomorrow

We're here to encourage those afflicted as much as we are to scold those playing with fire. You are. Don't

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
U dont need choco or junks, ur strong so dont feel guilty. I like to take a peek in the food and nutritions section of the forum. They share so many fantastic low carb recipes there. Its possible to enjoy food without having all those junks. ;)

miszu

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That's playing Russian roulette and you need to address it quick smart. Blunt (I always am) but warranted. You do NOT want a diabetic membership. What is your diet?

I know a guy in the UK who ignored the warnings as he was pre diabetic but fell into the trap of "OK, I'll be fine" ... then he wasn't. Change now, not tomorrow

We're here to encourage those afflicted as much as we are to scold those playing with fire. You are. Don't

My niece was diagnosed prediabetic not long ago. She has the same mentality so I visit her often now to change up her sugary drinks and all. She always whines about it, that she wants the sugars instead but when she tastes tea with eritrit for example she doesnt even recognise its not with sugar. When I tell her she says oh really... Shes slowly changing. Lucky shes old enough now (13) to understand diabetes and make better choices on her own.

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Have you set yourself any targets? I find targets help me stay on track and motivate me. All my targets are positive like 'lose 1lb per week' rather than negative such as 'don't eat chocolate today'. It's a mindset which works for me. I also plan treats for when I've reached a bigger target such as 1 stone weight loss. I've bought myself a new handbag and new dressing gown so far.

If you don't need to lose weight then maybe set yourself exercise targets, or try to make one small change a week such as swapping normal chocolate for high cocoa content chocolate.

Beating yourself up won't help!! The best piece of advice I was given when dx was 'be kind to yourself'.

Hope this helps. If you any help with target setting, just shout.

Reactions: Alison Campbell

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre diabetes here.
Bad day today. I over ate on chocolate and carbs. Sharing this to make myself feel guilty and to make myself not do the same thing tomorrow.

I don't know where you are on the spectrum, but if you are pre-diabetic some simple changes might do the trick, such as avoiding sugary things, pasta, rice, too much bread, potatos, and cutting out cereal and reducing the milk at breakfast. If you like fruit, reducing the quantity.

I was never diagnosed pre-diabetic but sometimes wish I had been. Because my diabetes was "full-flown" I had to make much more drastic changes. You too might need to go down that road if you let things go as far as I did. You have a chance to do better than I did.

I wish you the best of persistence and courage in taking some simple steps now that might avoid more drastic stuff later.