Numbness in arms & legs?!?!?!

Annabel_Eve

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone else experienced this...

woke up this morning & couldn't feel or move my right arm & leg!!! Complete loss of sensation. Tested my blood & it was 3.9, so not as low as it usually is on a hypo. Had some glucose tabs, waited & then my leg came back to life, my arm however took a little longer. Within about 30mins I was back to normal again & have had no problems since.

I have never had anything like this before, just the odd numb arm if I sleep on it!

Thanks o_O

Lally123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Needs checking out by a doctor. Raises the possibility of a transient ischemic attack (TIA). probably not but you.definitely need some advice on that.

Jo123

Hi Annabel, I would see a doctor about that sooner than later, I would worry that it was a TIA, but I'm not a doctor!
After the event if they suspect it was they will treat all your stroke risk factors aggressively.

Annabel_Eve

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Needs checking out by a doctor. Raises the possibility of a transient ischemic attack (TIA). probably not but you.definitely need some advice on that.
Thank you, I will definitely get checked out by my doctor

Annabel_Eve

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Annabel, I would see a doctor about that sooner than later, I would worry that it was a TIA, but I'm not a doctor!
After the event if they suspect it was they will treat all your stroke risk factors aggressively.
Thanks Jo. You can tend to just brush things off, but after both replies I will definitely be seeing my doctor.

Annabel_Eve

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck annabel, hopefully it will be nothing.
Hi Jo,
Unfortunately, turns out you were right, I was diagnosed yesterday as having had 2 TIA's. They have put me on medication for the rest of my life, but that's nothing new having been having injections for the most part of my life anyway. I'm so grateful that you & Lally123 both put your suggestions forward. Thank you
:)

Annabel_Eve

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Lally123,
Unfortunately, turns out you were right, I was diagnosed yesterday as having had 2 TIA's. They have put me on medication for the rest of my life, but that's nothing new having been having injections for the most part of my life anyway. I'm so grateful that you & Jo123 both put your suggestions forward. Thank you
:)

Jo123

Oh gosh annabel, I'm really sorry to hear this. Did the doctor give you any other advice regarding lifestyle.
At least you've got medication now to hopefully prevent any further attacks.