Type 1 diabetes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi my name is Irfan I have twin baby boys and both got type 1 Diabetics. My twin 1 got T1 about one and half years ago and twin 2. Just two week ago. I want any good news about the complete cure of type 1. Both are just cross 3y

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi if you have any questions you would like answers. message me privately if you want to.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi my name is Irfan I have twin baby boys and both got type 1 Diabetics. My twin 1 got T1 about one and half years ago and twin 2. Just two week ago. I want any good news about the complete cure of type 1. Both are just cross 3y

Ifran, there is a massive amount of work going on to move the understanding of diabetes forward, with the ultimate aim of a cure for all types.

I can only imagine how devastating the double diagnosis has been. but with luck, as they grow and mature a bit they can be each other's support.

Where I live there is a young person's choir for children and young people with diabetes, and they seem totally "at home" with is all - almost all pumping.

At a social function where there was a buffet, they seemed quite happy to be dialing up their boluses. Of course, some had input from a parent into how much etc., but they were very independent.

The forum can be a great support mechanism.

Good luck with it all, and hopefully some other parents might drop by to say hello.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @Irfan_UL_Hassan Welcome to the forum :) are you based in the UK ? I would suggest if you are getting in touch with Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation: https://jdrf.org.uk/. They arrange meet ups so you can connect with other parents as well as getting involved in research and charity events, JDRF are actively seeking a cure for type 1 so a great charity to get involved with. We do live in an age where technological advances mean we can manage this condition far easier now than ever and although no cure at present so much work is going on to help us live without this impacting on our lives so much. Are you getting much support from your healthcare team with this ?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I am based in United Arab Emiartes, yes I am visiting the dr. And my kids are taking the insulin properly they are good healthy! With the type 1.