brussel sprouts

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you tried Curried cabbage? Par cook your cabbage and then dry off any excess water. Butter a roasting dish and then sprinkle with curry powder (use more if you like it spicy). Put in the cabbage and roast for about 20 minutes,
I am a super taster - curry powder usually makes me run around shrieking and that is just smelling it as the tin is opened.:eek::wideyed::eek:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I’ve owned my own business for over 30 years as a hair designer but I’ve also been an emergency medical technician on an ambulance, sold real estate, bartended and owned my own interior design business. So I’m all over the place lol. And let’s not forget a mom of 3. 2 of mine and a step son. My daughter got married in April and I think my son found the one. At least I hope so. I love her. She has a 3 year old and they send me text pics and videos and I want him to be my grand baby. He’s so adorable.

Got my brussel sprouts and sweet potato ( for hubby) to roast tomorrow. Turkey and gravy are done. Still contemplating asparagus but it’s just the two of us.
Your a very busy person, we all hope our kids find a good lifelong partner so hope so too, my youngest sons wife has two sons and he has one son all grown up now and living away from home some with partners others starting a business in Leeds a few hours drive away from home,my eldest son is separated from his wife two years now so he's coming home for Christmas he's a nurse, youngest son a finance manager for local council, eldest daughter is a stay at home mum,youngest daughter I don't have contact with, my choice long story. Hope you and hubby have a lovely evening,enjoy the Turkey Kathleen

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Your a very busy person, we all hope our kids find a good lifelong partner so hope so too, my youngest sons wife has two sons and he has one son all grown up now and living away from home some with partners others starting a business in Leeds a few hours drive away from home,my eldest son is separated from his wife two years now so he's coming home for Christmas he's a nurse, youngest son a finance manager for local council, eldest daughter is a stay at home mum,youngest daughter I don't have contact with, my choice long story. Hope you and hubby have a lovely evening,enjoy the Turkey Kathleen
It’s 2:00 on wed here now so we’ll have the turkey tomorrow. Maybe tonight too haha
I was married for 7 years, divorced with a 2 & 4 year old. No child support. 7 years later met my soul mate, got married 7 months later. His son, 22 just got out of the marines. My son, 30 is a professional golf caddy and caddies for some big names. He ran a golf course for awhile as well. My daughter, 27 just got married to hopefully her soul mate and she works at a church. She runs the school part. 1000 kids and 3000 volunteers. Also does budgets etc. They both live out of state so we don’t see them often.
Sounds like your family is doing very well. I hope everyone gets along through the holidays. It doesn’t work that way in my family. Having issues with my mother before our trip there in 2 weeks. For some reason she thinks we should spend every waking minute with her and Jeff and I shouldn’t have any time alone. This year we insisted on a hotel so we can have our morning and evening routines and she through a tantrum and told me I hurt her. Guilt trip...of course the last thing I want to do is hurt her but I also want to spend an afternoon or two exploring with my husband. I don’t think that should be too match to ask as we only take one vacation a year. Splitting our time in half seems very reasonable. On top of that she is absolutely clueless about Diabetes and doesn’t even try to understand when I tell her I took my insulin and have to eat. Not in an hour but now. Then she calls me rigid and bossy. She 86 so I TRY, but I only have so much patience. The stress gets to be too much for my bs AND BP.

OK thanks for letting me rant. I feel better now haha.

You have a lovely time with your family and a great meal!

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have a new found love for brussel srouts. That and Cauliflower roasted, almost burnt, with some butternut squash? Brilliant.

D

Deleted member 308541

OK thanks for letting me rant. I feel better now haha.

Avocados are cheaper than Brussel Sprouts, taste better as well.

yuljOzm.png

Moby01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I avoided sprouts all my life until I found a recipe for sprout soup; it converted me. Just saute some halved sprouts (with or without a chopped onion/garlic) in a little oil, then add stock, bring to the boil then simmer. When you think they're done, just blend the soup and serve. It doesn't taste like sprouts, just a good green vegetable soup. Worth a try.

I don't eat sprouts any other way, but now I can relish their goodness

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They are about £1 per kg in the UK which I think is 1.75 Australian Dollars.

D

Deleted member 308541

They are about £1 per kg in the UK which I think is 1.75 Australian Dollars.
Near enough is close enough Mr_Pot my rate of exchange app shows £1.00 = $1.7493.

The UK gov should pay my pension in brussel sprouts.:D