How much sugar per 100ml is ok in drinks?

sarahmorter2

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks Helen, yeah I think my question was a bit too open... I was meaning to raise blood sugar levels so am trying to see if people generally avoid sugar altogether, or if they do occasionally sneak some in, what amount?
My hubby is a T2 (10yrs), and diet controlled with insulin pen at night if needed. There is so much sugar/carbs he has to avoid anyway, drinks are easy - no sugar. He does however have semi skimmed milk in his coffee which he seems to tolerate. BS around 5.8 in the morning and about 7 or 8 by evening time.

Reactions: Ramonlv

sarahmorter2

Type of diabetes
Carer
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My hubby is a T2 (10yrs), and diet controlled with insulin pen at night if needed. There is so much sugar/carbs he has to avoid anyway, drinks are easy - no sugar. He does however have semi skimmed milk in his coffee which he seems to tolerate. BS around 5.8 in the morning and about 7 or 8 by evening time.
to add, his HbA1c was 101 last Christmas time, but now down to 56 - all through low carb, high fat diet.

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Sugary drinks spike me badly no amount of insulin prevents this , I stay well clear. Sprite zero for me!

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I only ever have diet drinks - though this is probably because I was diagnosed really young (I was 2) and have always had diet drinks therefore I just don't like the taste of non-diet drinks :)

Ramonlv

Nobody mentioned BEER! I only drink spirits and an occasional Diet Coke, but I find that a single can of it will push me up by around 2 mmol/l. Whiskey drops me quite nicely in many ways.........

Thanks oldvatr, I’m getting educated on the benefits of alcohol in this thread!

Ramonlv

Im a mom of a 5 year type 1.. its impossible to totally restrict drinks for kids so either its diet sodas .. tht too about half a can .. in case of fruit juices .. mostly they average about 15gms sugar per 100 ml .. doesnt cause much of a spike esp if i mk my kid do some physical stuff ..

Appreciate your insight mmariyam. Sounds positive that exercise can help keep things in check