Lidl High Protein Rolls

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I messaged Lidl regarding the high protein roll and they said sometimes they make changes in 'certain stores' for operational reasons. They asked which stores I use (which I've answered) but at the same time I've enlightened them about how popular these high protein rolls are in the diabetic community and why! Also explained why the low GI one doesn't cut the mustard in the same way. You can message them through their Facebook page - they are good at answering.

Reactions: Prem51 and Salvia

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The last time there was a scare about lidl discontinuing the rolls they were changing the size and so the number .Let's hope that this is similar
CAROL

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I messaged Lidl regarding the high protein roll and they said sometimes they make changes in 'certain stores' for operational reasons. They asked which stores I use (which I've answered) but at the same time I've enlightened them about how popular these high protein rolls are in the diabetic community and why! Also explained why the low GI one doesn't cut the mustard in the same way. You can message them through their Facebook page - they are good at answering.
I have also messaged them on Facebook and had the following response:
upload_2017-12-9_13-23-21.png

Sounds promising.

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've ordered 20 for pick-up on Tuesday. I'm not panic-buying, honest (!) but that should do me for the Christmas period. In my local Lidl the rolls have been discovered and the basket is now regularly empty. Huh. I did ask about purchasing pre-baked rolls, as @Salvia mentioned, but was told that there are specific settings for baking specific items, which I took to be a 'no'.

Reactions: Salvia

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In my local Lidl the rolls have been discovered and the basket is now regularly empty.

I've found this a few times too, or if not empty, then only 3 or 4 left. Think I'll try ordering my supply in advance next time, and see what response I get. Seems you got a similar disinterested response to baking at home as I got. Pity.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks for flying the flag, so to speak. I hadn't contacted them yet, partly because I'm not on twitter or facebook, but also because I don't eat/buy them all that often. I have one about every 2-3 weeks or sometimes longer, but would really miss them if I couldn't have one every once in a while. I haven't found any other bread that doesn't spike me too high for my liking.

Reactions: Freema

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got a reply from Lidl to my latest email which reads

"Thank you for your comments and information. We will pass your feedback on to the Buying team and make them aware that you and the diabetic community would like high protein rolls to remain available."

The more of us who contact them the more they will appreciate how much they are loved. Still loads in my store so another 12 are into my freezer.

pete1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Can someone tell me how to recognise these rolls in store please. My local Lidl is not allowed to bake in store as part of their planning permission but they do sell freshly baked products, I assume transported in from another store that is allowed to bake.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can someone tell me how to recognise these rolls in store please. My local Lidl is not allowed to bake in store as part of their planning permission but they do sell freshly baked products, I assume transported in from another store that is allowed to bake.
They are dark brown, triangular, and have seeds on top.

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"Thank you for your comments and information. We will pass your feedback on to the Buying team and make them aware that you and the diabetic community would like high protein rolls to remain available."

The more of us who contact them the more they will appreciate how much they are loved.

Hi maglil55, did their response contain an ordinary email contact address & person/dept, that isn't accessed via facebook? With that I could add my voice to the supporters group ...

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi maglil55, did their response contain an ordinary email contact address & person/dept, that isn't accessed via facebook? With that I could add my voice to the supporters group ...
No - I used Facebook Messenger.

Edit: but I found a contact form. Link below.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not bought any rolls for quite a while now as I do not go to Lidl very often when I do get them they are for my husband I can't stand them myself. I do hope to go next week sometime so will see if they have stopped them

Reactions: Salvia

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not bought any rolls for quite a while now as I do not go to Lidl very often when I do get them they are for my husband I can't stand them myself. I do hope to go next week sometime so will see if they have stopped them

I think they're one of those "marmite" foods - either love 'em or hate 'em :)