Type 2 Cake

Ange1a65

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone got a recipe for chocolate cake that does not have to be Ground Almond Flour (allergy).....I need to make something for Xmas day so that.
thank you in advance

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you allergic to all nuts or just almonds? If youre ok with other nuts, then you could use a different ground nut flour like hazelnut or walnut instead

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My chocolate cheesecake mousse is very solid as a mousse (I call it 'mousse' as I serve it in glasses, with cream) and it can easily be set in a cake tin and served in slices like cake.

1 x 100g bar 85% dark chocolate
4dsp Splenda
1dsp vanilla extract or orange extract for a Terry's chocolate orange spin on it
1 egg
2 x 250g tubs cream cheese
1 small tub double cream

Melt the cream, chocolate, Splenda and extract in a bowl over simmering water.
Whisk in the egg using an electric whisk at high speed until mixture has cooled.
Bung in the cream cheese and whisk until thick. The more you whisk the thicker it gets. It's not that airy, but pretty solid.
Line a small loose-bottomed cake tin with clingfilm, spoon in the mixture and smooth/press it down with a spoon.
Refrigerate.
Turn out, slice with a hot knife, serve with cream. And perhaps some more cream*.

*if you like cream as much as I do.

Also makes nice truffles - just roll spoonfuls of it into balls.
Or for individual puddings, serve in a glass with a spoon.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
PS You'll need to use cake forks to eat it, though - it's not pickuppable with warm melty hands......

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's an interesting-looking recipe for chocolate cake in the Blood Sugar Diet Recipe Book, which I never got round to trying.

A lot of its substance came from kidney beans!

There seem to be quite a few recipes like that online if you search for 'chocolate cake kidney beans'. The first few I've just checked now don't have nuts.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My chocolate cheesecake mousse is very solid as a mousse (I call it 'mousse' as I serve it in glasses, with cream) and it can easily be set in a cake tin and served in slices like cake.

1 x 100g bar 85% dark chocolate
4dsp Splenda
1dsp vanilla extract or orange extract for a Terry's chocolate orange spin on it
1 egg
2 x 250g tubs cream cheese
1 small tub double cream

Melt the cream, chocolate, Splenda and extract in a bowl over simmering water.
Whisk in the egg using an electric whisk at high speed until mixture has cooled.
Bung in the cream cheese and whisk until thick. The more you whisk the thicker it gets. It's not that airy, but pretty solid.
Line a small loose-bottomed cake tin with clingfilm, spoon in the mixture and smooth/press it down with a spoon.
Refrigerate.
Turn out, slice with a hot knife, serve with cream. And perhaps some more cream*.

*if you like cream as much as I do.

Also makes nice truffles - just roll spoonfuls of it into balls.
Or for individual puddings, serve in a glass with a spoon.

Sounds great. Will give it a go over the festive period.

Reactions: Snapsy