Instagram users - would you follow?

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi All,

I’ve been doing some research into T1 accounts on Instagram and am keen to set up my own. I love taking photos and most importantly I really want to share my T1 experiences to help others.

There doesn’t appear to be a huge amount of English accounts with users using both the Omnipod and Libre so I feel there is a bit of an opportunity.

Any thoughts?

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having been born not long after the dissolution of the monasteries, I am less than familiar with Instagram.
Whether it makes any difference I don't know, but I have a limited tariff on my phone so am cautious (perhaps unnecessarily) about prodding too many buttons.
Having said that, I think you're idea is a good one - any awareness / help diabetics can get must be beneficial. Good luck.
(Perhaps you can give me a lesson)

Reactions: bangkokdiabetic

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
Hi All,

I’ve been doing some research into T1 accounts on Instagram and am keen to set up my own. I love taking photos and most importantly I really want to share my T1 experiences to help others.

There doesn’t appear to be a huge amount of English accounts with users using both the Omnipod and Libre so I feel there is a bit of an opportunity.

Any thoughts?

Hi tiredoftrying2017, I am T2 but would follow as I love taking photos and would like to see other people’s photos too.

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Haha @Jo_the_boat, that made me laugh!

Instagram is thankfully quite simple in that you could be an active user or more passive and simply view other people’s posts rather than post yourself. There are a few guides online too.

Thanks for your feedback @Hammer1964.

I’ve seen a few accounts where people post a variety of things - recipes, food, BS readings, memes, etc.

I really want to share the realities of T1 with photos and some text - the good days and the bad! I’m not great in the kitchen so mine probably wouldn’t be recipe based mainly readings, meals and sports/activity.

Hammer1964

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Meat, meat substitutes and fish
Haha @Jo_the_boat, that made me laugh!

Instagram is thankfully quite simple in that you could be an active user or more passive and simply view other people’s posts rather than post yourself. There are a few guides online too.

Thanks for your feedback @Hammer1964.

I’ve seen a few accounts where people post a variety of things - recipes, food, BS readings, memes, etc.

I really want to share the realities of T1 with photos and some text - the good days and the bad! I’m not great in the kitchen so mine probably wouldn’t be recipe based mainly readings, meals and sports/activity.
Hi, I love cooking and creatingfood ideas so mine would be readings, what foods spike and what doesn't and the pics to go with.

Reactions: mytype1.life