1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Instagram users - would you follow?

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by mytype1.life, Dec 28, 2017.

1. mytype1.life

mytype1.life Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi All,

I’ve been doing some research into T1 accounts on Instagram and am keen to set up my own. I love taking photos and most importantly I really want to share my T1 experiences to help others.

There doesn’t appear to be a huge amount of English accounts with users using both the Omnipod and Libre so I feel there is a bit of an opportunity.

Any thoughts?

2. Jo_the_boat

Jo_the_boat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Having been born not long after the dissolution of the monasteries, I am less than familiar with Instagram.
    Whether it makes any difference I don't know, but I have a limited tariff on my phone so am cautious (perhaps unnecessarily) about prodding too many buttons.
    Having said that, I think you're idea is a good one - any awareness / help diabetics can get must be beneficial. Good luck.
    (Perhaps you can give me a lesson)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hammer1964

Hammer1964 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi tiredoftrying2017, I am T2 but would follow as I love taking photos and would like to see other people’s photos too.

4. mytype1.life

Haha @Jo_the_boat, that made me laugh!

Instagram is thankfully quite simple in that you could be an active user or more passive and simply view other people’s posts rather than post yourself. There are a few guides online too.

Thanks for your feedback @Hammer1964.

I’ve seen a few accounts where people post a variety of things - recipes, food, BS readings, memes, etc.

I really want to share the realities of T1 with photos and some text - the good days and the bad! I’m not great in the kitchen so mine probably wouldn’t be recipe based mainly readings, meals and sports/activity.

5. Hammer1964

Hammer1964 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi, I love cooking and creatingfood ideas so mine would be readings, what foods spike and what doesn't and the pics to go with.

• Like Like x 1
  6. mytype1.life

I’ve set up my account - follow me if you can #mytype1.life

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook