Thoughtless presents

Gabrielle_Tai

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If i live near you , i will be happy to take those sweet off you:) to add to my hypo kit.Too bad i too far away.

Last edited:

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have explained to my OH about my depression many times abd he still suggests things which he ought to know are not a good idea. X
Giving you a big hug. I too struggle with depression from time to time, and I get no understanding or empathy from my OH. In fact I get comments like "well crying won't help will it!". Well yes, sometimes it does!

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
I have a bag of Jack Daniels fudge. (Thanks brother-in-law!)...

Caz_B

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Giving you a big hug. I too struggle with depression from time to time, and I get no understanding or empathy from my OH. In fact I get comments like "well crying won't help will it!". Well yes, sometimes it does!
To be fair my OH does have a pretty good understanding now (having been with me for 5 plus years) but now and again he will say or suggest something that isn't a good idea.or doesn't understand why something will be difficult for me. Yes tears are low mood....not everyone cries but for many low mood manifests itself in tears. Best to cry than have pent up emotions. I go up and down like a yoyo some days. I've been saying it for years and am finally starting to write a book in the New Year....not so much my story although two stints in the Priory was enlightening but more practical ways to cope and how to beat it. Big hugs to you too....it's a difficult thing to live with day in day out. Xx

Crystalwand

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I have been T1 for 40+ years and been been with my husband 35 years and even now when we go out, I have coffee he will have coffee and cake, and still says one bit will not hurt, he can change my pod, walk away when I am having a I rant, because my bloods are high, but still says thing like the cake I love him but now if it happens I just shout NO THANKS, next time I may say yes then place it in his face nicely lol

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Unless one is diabetic a detailed understanding of what can and can't be eaten is difficult. My daughter and son in law made us a lovely Christmas dinner with loads of meat, veg and olives and cheeses and all very low carb because they have a pretty good idea of what I can eat.
But they were suckered in by a "zero sugar" label on a jar of sweets they gave me as one of my Christmas presents. It was an honest and very kind 'mistake', and one that I made too in the early days after diagnosis.
The 'no sugar - suitable for diabetics' has fooled me in the past! I was given a lovely gift of three 250ml bottles of locally-produced non-alcoholic fruit drinks. These drinks are gorgeous but the person giving the present was also suckered by the 'no added sugar'. In fairness, the carb count isn't too bad, if you're careful - 7.8g/100ml - but I will be offering them to visitors (the gift-giver doesn't live near me) instead as I could easily drink the whole bottle in one go. I was also given a selection (by the same person) of 80%+ chocolate which was so thoughtful. I'm glad you feel better @Buttons11 - perhaps you could suggest a choccy present (high cocoa content) instead or for the next time?

Reactions: Salvia