1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Thoughtless presents

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Buttons11, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Gabrielle_Tai

Gabrielle_Tai Type 1 · Well-Known Member

If i live near you , i will be happy to take those sweet off you:) to add to my hypo kit.Too bad i too far away.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #21 Gabrielle_Tai, Dec 29, 2017 at 2:04 AM
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. archersuz

archersuz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Giving you a big hug. I too struggle with depression from time to time, and I get no understanding or empathy from my OH. In fact I get comments like "well crying won't help will it!". Well yes, sometimes it does!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  3. nomoredonuts

nomoredonuts Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I have a bag of Jack Daniels fudge. (Thanks brother-in-law!)...

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Caz_B

Caz_B Type 2 · Well-Known Member

To be fair my OH does have a pretty good understanding now (having been with me for 5 plus years) but now and again he will say or suggest something that isn't a good idea.or doesn't understand why something will be difficult for me. Yes tears are low mood....not everyone cries but for many low mood manifests itself in tears. Best to cry than have pent up emotions. I go up and down like a yoyo some days. I've been saying it for years and am finally starting to write a book in the New Year....not so much my story although two stints in the Priory was enlightening but more practical ways to cope and how to beat it. Big hugs to you too....it's a difficult thing to live with day in day out. Xx

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  5. Crystalwand

Crystalwand Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I have been T1 for 40+ years and been been with my husband 35 years and even now when we go out, I have coffee he will have coffee and cake, and still says one bit will not hurt, he can change my pod, walk away when I am having a I rant, because my bloods are high, but still says thing like the cake I love him but now if it happens I just shout NO THANKS, next time I may say yes then place it in his face nicely lol

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Sue192

Sue192 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

The 'no sugar - suitable for diabetics' has fooled me in the past! I was given a lovely gift of three 250ml bottles of locally-produced non-alcoholic fruit drinks. These drinks are gorgeous but the person giving the present was also suckered by the 'no added sugar'. In fairness, the carb count isn't too bad, if you're careful - 7.8g/100ml - but I will be offering them to visitors (the gift-giver doesn't live near me) instead as I could easily drink the whole bottle in one go. I was also given a selection (by the same person) of 80%+ chocolate which was so thoughtful. I'm glad you feel better @Buttons11 - perhaps you could suggest a choccy present (high cocoa content) instead or for the next time?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook