Prediabetes Confused about treatment

Mimi's

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So after 4 years of Metformin ( first 500mg × 3 times a day to 500mg × 2 times a day) for insulin resistance linked PCOD,
Now off Metformin for two weeks and all blood sugar reports came normal. Doctor however advising to take 750 mg metformin as he feels the results are due to taking the medicines for long and diet change. My question is that I feel weak And unwell on the meds so do i still need to take the 750 dose every day?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had very bad side effects with Metformin and a statin, so stopped taking them over a year ago now.
My BG is entirely normal - achieved after stopping the tablets, my weight is reduced my energy up, and I can't see any reason to go back to taking them.
Although it is regarded as a good medicine, non of the effects I reported were recorded - so I do wonder just how many adverse reactions go unrecorded and unreported nationwide or even worldwide. I was taking just one 250 whatsit sized tablet of the Metformin - I did manage to take two on two days, not consecutively, but that was just hellish.
I think that you need to argue your case with your doctor, because we are told how safe it is to take Metformin, but for me taking something which made life not worth living is no way to try to survive.

Reactions: Mimi's

Mimi's

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had very bad side effects with Metformin and a statin, so stopped taking them over a year ago now.
My BG is entirely normal - achieved after stopping the tablets, my weight is reduced my energy up, and I can't see any reason to go back to taking them.
Although it is regarded as a good medicine, non of the effects I reported were recorded - so I do wonder just how many adverse reactions go unrecorded and unreported nationwide or even worldwide. I was taking just one 250 whatsit sized tablet of the Metformin - I did manage to take two on two days, not consecutively, but that was just hellish.
I think that you need to argue your case with your doctor, because we are told how safe it is to take Metformin, but for me taking something which made life not worth living is no way to try to survive.
Thank you so much for your reply. Gives me confidence to discuss this with my Doc.