What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Ultra late posting today
Bg5:05 was 6.9 haven't tested again until
4:50 it was 5.7 but expect it to go lower Has evening meal will not be before 7 this evening
Will update later,busy trying out my new toy my son bought me a vax steam mop cleaned conservatory floors and rest of house then the suite,then hubby got up we had a coffee and went out for a mooch about the sales, just got home about half hour ago. Dogs want there food so will have to go now, will speak later.! K

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excuse my ignorance but what is Durian??
My children say I'm not in touch with things evidently I'm not! K

Durian is a delicious exotic fruit from south east Asia/ Far East.

It smells awful like smelly socks but tastes delicious like sweet cheese!

Please type durian on google!

Enjoy!

Reactions: Freema

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mine was 8.6 this morning, slightly lower than yesterday but disappointed it wasn't lower as I was very good with my choices. Oh well, I'll stick with it and see what happens.
@TiggerB it takes time for the BG to drop your at the beginning of your diabetic journey don't be disappointed just keep going and you will see them drop! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well good morning guys, seems I haven't been here for over a week so sorry if I've missed anything
It was a vanilla biscuit thin induced 6.0 for me this morning :)
Off to H Samuel this afternoon, wonder what the chances are of the OH buying me diamonds is? LOL
Have a fab at folks! :D xx
Hope you get what you wish for! K

Reactions: kaylz91

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Defo cumbs im sky high at the moment but have got the sniffles so thats prob the cause
@karen8967 Hope your feeling better there seems to be a few of you with BG all over the place !
Hope your all well soon whatever it is with you! K

Reactions: karen8967

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Durian is a delicious exotic fruit from south east Asia/ Far East.

It smells awful like smelly socks but tastes delicious like sweet cheese!

Please type durian on google!

Enjoy!
Will give it a try ! Thanks NewTD2

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Granny_grump_ I’m still a little under the weather. I’ve been feeling bloated and have a sour stomach. 2 hours after my morning 6.2 I was down to 5.6. I have been quite thirsty the last few days in spite of drinking 96+oz water/day. Things will improve though, I have no doubts.
@Troubled1 Have you seen a doctor it seems to be lingering with you? Do hope it's not lingering long! Regards Kathleen

Reactions: ziggy_w

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dear K...,

You don't want to know what is a Durian and count your blessings that you have not yet encountered one. It is actually a giant egg shaped fruit with sort of spiky skin. Opening said monster, you will encounter one of the most obnoxious, pernicious, clingy rotten vomititious smell you have ever had the misfortune to encounter in your lifetime. Did I mention that the inside of this fruit assaulting your nose and all other senses has a creamy texture? However, this particular noxious giant is an acquired taste and some Asian markets even sell durian flavored wafer cookies and Durian hard candies.

My youngest son, ever on the lookout to shock the public in some way without crossing the social line into antisocial, brought a five pound one of these on a plastic platter to a church potluck meal. He was satisfied with some of the comments along the line of "Get that rotted thing out of here; It is stinking up the whole hall" but a couple of adventurous people, especially one gastronomically adventurous German transplant, who stood next to it, breathed deeply of its aural essence and spooned out great globs of it into their bowls, exclaiming over how fortunate they were to have tried it. Encouraged, a couple other people gave it a go. And one young guy, maybe 18 or 19, put a big chunk of what was left after the meal into a plastic bag, tied it tight at the top, and, tying it to the handlebars of his bicycle, pedaled it off into the night.
@Contralto Think I'm now quite glad I'm a little ingnorant about some things!K thanks

Reactions: ziggy_w

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@JohnEGreen and philchap1 your both quite low with your BG readings are you ok at these levels, I'd be shaking and feeling quite disoriented! K

Felt a bit woozy and woke up with head ache Had some carbs and felt better after a while I do not enjoy being quite that low.

Judith was a bit concerned as I was tottering around a bit unsteady on my feet.

And don't know why my sugars have dropped so dramatically over the past few days am actually hoping to be back in the fives again soon.

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@Troubled1 Have you seen a doctor it seems to be lingering with you? Do hope it's not lingering long! Regards Kathleen

@Granny_grump_ I saw my Dr yesterday for my blood work review. He checked my temp which was slightly elevated but wasn’t too concerned. He suggested a laxative so I’m trying that out. Aside from my elevated cholesterol, he seemed happy with my blood work and overall health.