What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well good morning guys, seems I haven't been here for over a week so sorry if I've missed anything
It was a vanilla biscuit thin induced 6.0 for me this morning :)
Off to H Samuel this afternoon, wonder what the chances are of the OH buying me diamonds is? LOL
Have a fab at folks! :D xx

Aginoth

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all. Blood sugars today were 4.9.

@TiggerB -- welcome to the thread.
@Aginoth -- so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Is there anything they can do to help with the glaucoma?

They've caught it really early, was spotted as part of a trial I am taking part in of a new laser system for treating Diabetic Retinopathy close to the macular area. For now it will just be monitored, there are treatments to slow the progression that can be considered if it worsens.

TiggerB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
They've caught it really early, was spotted as part of a trial I am taking part in of a new laser system for treating Diabetic Retinopathy close to the macular area. For now it will just be monitored, there are treatments to slow the progression that can be considered if it worsens.
That's good that it was spotted early

Reactions: Aginoth and ziggy_w

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Good luck with your treatment matey.

Be strong!

first14808

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.. my first 4(.9)! Now I'm curious about continuous monitors and being able to monitor my liver's morning exuberance more closely. Kinda curious when that starts, ie if it's part of the 'Oi! Wake up!' cycle, or after I wake up :)