What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

tested again before breakfast at 4.3 (still fasting but about 2.5 hours later, I decided to go back to bed whilst the heating warmed the house up and fell asleep again ;))
Didn't have much of a walk yesterday :sorry: so I must do better today.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

4.6 today

tested again before breakfast at 4.3 (still fasting but about 2.5 hours later, I decided to go back to bed whilst the heating warmed the house up and fell asleep again ;))
Great BG readings though! K

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Felt a bit woozy and woke up with head ache Had some carbs and felt better after a while I do not enjoy being quite that low.

Judith was a bit concerned as I was tottering around a bit unsteady on my feet.

And don't know why my sugars have dropped so dramatically over the past few days am actually hoping to be back in the fives again soon.
I have no hypo awareness so feel ok at 2.0, tried running levels higher but to no avail, told by consultant that after 50 year's of good control it won't return .

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I have no hypo awareness so feel ok at 2.0, tried running levels higher but to no avail, told by consultant that after 50 year's of good control it won't return .
My sister is type1 and grandson but both are having control problems consequently this brings its own problems has well, hopefully you will avoid them has you've had great control over the years,my sister has had it for 46 years but never under control. Good luck philchap1! K
PS I have advised them both to join this Diabetes site but cannot make them! K

Last edited:

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
@TiggerB

Hello and welcome to the Forum :) Here, in my signature, are the links to the Basic Information for new members and to the Low Carb Program. Ask questions if you need to and someone will be able to help.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Urghh...morning...better sleep last night...avoided the afternoon/early evening nap yesterday...feeling the benefit from that...reading though the threads seems coughs...colds...tension...anxiety...the weather is taking its toll...either that or diabetes is a malevolent tricky little blighter that raise/lowers our levels just because it can without rhyme or reason...woke to a 5.4...slightly higher than I'd normally like...started to worry...review soon...then decided I can (we can) only do our best...so pressing on with my day...extreme housework...very cathartic:arghh:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.6 today

geeful...those are excellent waking numbers...I've been neglectful with my activity recently...getting back into it now...finding it hard work...but...pressing on.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 8.6 this morning, slightly lower than yesterday but disappointed it wasn't lower as I was very good with my choices. Oh well, I'll stick with it and see what happens.
Tigger it's still very early days... often the waking numbers are the last to come down...give yourself a chance...I found it was better to take things at a good steady pace...something I could sustain long term...its difficult initially...frustrated the hell out of me...now I feel reasonably comfortable with my control for the most part...you will get there...give yourself time.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you’ll soon be back in the fives John

Mine was 6.0 at 11:15 slept for 12 hours straight so now need to get up and moving , all my body hurts today from starting fitness again after Christmas hollyday 17 days off fitness can be felt so must work to get my muscles back in shape

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@NewTD2 We where on the low level chat site instead of this site with some chat, the low chat is usually only to post BG levels, wouldn't want to upset the apple cart so to speak! Not has young has you no I need my beauty sleep can't remember when I last stayed up until after midnight so will speak again in morning! Goodnight don't let the bed bugs bite! Kathleen

Hope you recover from gout this week.
Good luck with it!

Reactions: Granny_grump_

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Bubbsie Not bad but low 4's and 3's leave me feeling a little bit off.
You know John thankfully I've never had a 3...have been in the low 4s...where I've felt a little light headed...so I can empathise somewhat...ironic we all seem to chase those lower levels...without giving too much thought to being too low...lets hope you can find some continuity with those BGs ASAP