What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.3 today

it's little chilly here this morning, but thankfully only a little bit below freezing so far so I may get a walk ;) The cold never used to really bother me before I lost all the weight but I find my body isn't so fond of cold days any more. I'm oing to try making a low carb chocolate sponge today for pud.
OOh...chocolate sponge...holding that thought...it's torturous...same here geeful...since my natural padding has depleted...I feel the cold so much more.

Reactions: Aginoth

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Morning...up super early for no particular reason...had breakfast...coffee...not ready to tackle the paperwork I ignored yesterday...definitely a job for later... once I've had more coffee...woke to a 4.7.
Wished I could wake up o your numbers I'm all over the place again!K

Reactions: ziggy_w and Aginoth

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi everyone BG this morning @2:50 6.9
BG @9:40 6:7
Don't understand I worked my socks off yesterday getting house emptied of all Christmas trees and things lifting them in loft to hubby I hate getting in loft. Dusting hoovering and steam cleaning the whole Bungalow and I'm back in 6 s! K
Can't sleep again lately worrying about hospital appointment on Tuesday for a biopsy on leg to see if its skin cancer or not.
I went doctors on Friday and just got back home and the hospital called with this appointment to dermatologist I have had a Basel cell carcinoma a couple of years back on my shoulder so hopefully it won't be any more than this! Everything crossed trying to stay positive! K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hope it sorts it self out soon x
@tigger1 thank you hopefully it will soon, your numbers are now coming down so that's great, but from reading others BG readings and how lots of different things that go on in people's lives can hugely affect our levels. So bear this in mind if you don't always get the readings you hope for and don't get despondent we all are on this rollercoaster ride together especially so if your not on meds like us! K
Hopefully your weight loss will spur you to keep going! Good luck!K

TiggerB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@tigger1 thank you hopefully it will soon, your numbers are now coming down so that's great, but from reading others BG readings and how lots of different things that go on in people's lives can hugely affect our levels. So bear this in mind if you don't always get the readings you hope for and don't get despondent we all are on this rollercoaster ride together especially so if your not on meds like us! K
Hopefully your weight loss will spur you to keep going! Good luck!K
Thanks

Reactions: ziggy_w

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Woke at 3am with a 3.4 treated and bk to sleep woke at 7 to a 5.4 last night b4 bed 13.6 good job i never done correction dose last night i tend to correct in the morning just in case anyway have a great day all hopefully levels will start settling down as this headcold subsides

Gosh Karen isn’t this truly awful
Hope you are ok now sweetie x

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning.....7.5 at 4am tested out of curiosity .......tested again at 10am 7.1.......
Cant work out why I'm so high,but sleep levels are very poor so could be a link there.We are off a main ferry route to Ireland.New traffic calming has been set up in our village and in protest the HGV drivers sound their horns at various times during the night!!!This has been every night since the beginning of December.
@Granny_grump_ Hope your hospital appointment has good outcome and then you will sleep better.Gx

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Don't understand I worked my socks off yesterday getting house emptied of all Christmas trees and things lifting them in loft to hubby I hate getting in loft. Dusting hoovering and steam cleaning the whole Bungalow and I'm back in 6 s! K
Can't sleep again lately worrying about hospital appointment on Tuesday for a biopsy on leg to see if its skin cancer or not.
I went doctors on Friday and just got back home and the hospital called with this appointment to dermatologist I have had a Basel cell carcinoma a couple of years back on my shoulder so hopefully it won't be any more than this! Everything crossed trying to stay positive! K
Hope your ok.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.1 today. I am now trying alternating one day with exercise and one without to establish a routine I can maintain during the work week.

@Granny_grump_ -- Kathleen, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you -- no wonder your blood sugars are a bit higher in spite of the physical effort expended while cleaning yesterday due to worrying.
@TiggerB -- Well done. Great achievement.
@Bubbsie -- Great blood sugars this morning.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hope everthing is good k