What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 8.6 I guess if I increase my basal toujeo300 from 54units back to 57units it should be perfect. I just want to try and reduce with more low carb eating first. Let's see what tomorrow brings as hypo'd in bed again so reducing evening meal novarapid tonight too.

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning all. Blood sugars were 5.1 today. I am now trying alternating one day with exercise and one without to establish a routine I can maintain during the work week.

@Granny_grump_ -- Kathleen, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you -- no wonder your blood sugars are a bit higher in spite of the physical effort expended while cleaning yesterday due to worrying.
@TiggerB -- Well done. Great achievement.
@Bubbsie -- Great blood sugars this morning.
I know Ziggy it's been a stressful time since November onwards with one illness after another, this latest problem with a biopsy is a little on the scary side this lump near to where I had the tick bite in November is growing quite quickly and looks rather nasty, so more than a little worried, so just hoping it's not more sinister? Kathleen

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning.....7.5 at 4am tested out of curiosity .......tested again at 10am 7.1.......
Cant work out why I'm so high,but sleep levels are very poor so could be a link there.We are off a main ferry route to Ireland.New traffic calming has been set up in our village and in protest the HGV drivers sound their horns at various times during the night!!!This has been every night since the beginning of December.
@Granny_grump_ Hope your hospital appointment has good outcome and then you will sleep better.Gx
Thank you Glenmac I'm crossing ever I have in hope it's not what they think it could be, will get in touch when I know more, hope the traffic calming does the trick for you, and you get more sleep. Loss of sleep is so debilitating in lots of ways! K

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Someone on here is bound to know.. I take a lot of meds, should I take them separately or all together -I normally just take them small handful at a time until they are gone

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Someone on here is bound to know.. I take a lot of meds, should I take them separately or all together -I normally just take them small handful at a time until they are gone
Just made a fresh thread today about levothyroxine absorption when taking other meds. PPIs can interfere with absorptions too. Empty stomach for a few meds, some absorb even on full tummy e.g tramadol.
I know my levothyroxine is easily disrupted, even by poor diet. Metformin better after food.
Maybe start a new thread about your meds?

Reactions: Goacher55

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just made a fresh thread today about levothyroxine absorption when taking other meds. PPIs can interfere with absorptions too. Empty stomach for a few meds, some absorb even on full tummy e.g tramadol.
I know my levothyroxine is easily disrupted, even by poor diet. Metformin better after food.
Maybe start a new thread about your meds?

Thank you I will look into these things separately

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good Morning everyone
It's now 4:30 am and BG is 6.5
Been up most of night my dog has had a fit and cannot leave him on his own, so brought him into bedroom to keep an eye on him he's lied down finally by my side so don't think I'll be doing much sleeping.K

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know Ziggy it's been a stressful time since November onwards with one illness after another, this latest problem with a biopsy is a little on the scary side this lump near to where I had the tick bite in November is growing quite quickly and looks rather nasty, so more than a little worried, so just hoping it's not more sinister? Kathleen
K its such an anxious time waiting for results...it's very easy to say don't worry...but we do...been in that position myself...I can empathise...sending my very best wishes for a positive outcome...hope they don't keep you waiting too long for your results...take care.

Reactions: ziggy_w

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning everyone
Been up most of night my dog has had a fit and cannot leave him on his own, so brought him into bedroom to keep an eye on him he's lied down finally by my side so don't think I'll be doing much sleeping.K
Oh shame K...honestly they do tug at our heartstrings don't they...poor little thing.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early again 5am... despite that had a good sleep...had some urgent letters to write had been putting those off....not the sort I was looking forward to....all done so hopefully I can concentrate on moving forward...woke to a 5.2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good Morning everyone
Hope your ok k.and your dog too take care xx

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
13.6 for me today
Karen you seem to be 'going through it' at the moment...how is that head cold now...are you feeling any better?...its never easy to manage diabetes...particularly when we're ill (said that so many times)...the change in the weather...illness...the holidays...stress....anything could unsettle your management...hope you aren't having to drag yourself out to work today...is there any chance you could have a word with your diabetes team...might help...possibly put your mind at rest.

Reactions: ziggy_w