What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good grief Bubbsie that's a funny doggy photo made me laugh, animals are great no moaning they just get on with it! Could do with taking a leaf out of their book eh! K

A classic Harry pose taken last night!

Attachments

• IMG_1162.JPG
    IMG_1162.JPG
    882.1 KB · Views: 161

Jontenby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Jontenby with that kind of BG have you thought about calling your GP or DSn for some advice...apart from the cold...how are you otherwise?...don't want to scare you but that level is high...the occasional mild episode is unlikely to do any harm...however hyperglycaemia can be potentially dangerous if your BG becomes very high...and stays that way for an extended period...make sure you keep yourself well hydrated...I would give your surgery a call...just to be on the safe side...won't do any harm...that's what they are there for.
Thanks Bubbsie. She is going to speak to the doctor and call me back :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
K...it wasn't a kick up the a__e...although that reference did make me laugh...just pointing out as you rightly identify you have had a rough time of it...and with the biopsy on your mind...the poor dog (pugs are my absolute favourites)...no wonder your sugars are elevated...just before my review last October got an infection...was heading for non-diabetic range...defeated by the bloody infection...frustrating as it is there's so little we can do about it...was in a similar position myself with a biopsy...then waiting for the results...it's an exceptionally stressful time...when we have a 'run' of problems it does feel like a conspiracy...all at the same time...everything at once...try to deal with them one at a time...if you possibly can...sending a huge hug...Harry sends his love...take care.
@Bubbsie my hubby and I have just had a good laugh at Harry and his photos he's lovely

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Bubbsie. She is going to speak to the doctor and call me back :)
Relieved to hear that Jontenby...how are things this morning?...always better to get some professional advice...if only to set your mind at rest.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 :) let hope it not my meter giving me a low reading because it is one of the number i was trying so hard to get without hypo at night.
Good result Gabrielle...when I occasionally get an 'unexpected' result...as I did this morning...I test again...just to be sure...meter says it was accurate...you could always try that for reassurance...well done.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Bubbsie my hubby and I have just had a good laugh at Harry and his photos he's lovely
K he is such an attention seeker...loves people...en route to our local park woe betide anyone who says 'hello' to him...he rushes right up to them...throws himself down in front of them...usually on their feet waiting for a belly rub...such an odd sight...as a bulldog he can be an intimidating sight...which belies his true character...he wants to be a lap dog...but weighs an absolute ton...has lots of unsavoury habits most of which cannot be mentioned here...steals the cats food at every opportunity...but...is adorable...hope the vet had some good news for you yesterday and the hospital appointment wasn't too traumatic.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...this diabetes thing has me foxed at times...ate very early last night...do intermittent fasting that way...last night just before bed felt I needed to eat something...so one biscuit & several Quality Street later off to bed thinking dam...dam...dam...up super early...possibly guilty conscience...woke to a 4.8...not complaining...grateful & relieved...sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to diabetes...or is that just me?

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning! Hope I’ve not been forgotten ... it’s been a while. Went off track over Christmas, a little too much - old symptoms of fuzzy head etc returned.

So today 8.9 :( dreadful but all the Christmas food gone and I’m ready to get back to low carb - I feel so much better.

Hope to catch up with old friends, sorry I’ve been absent - had things going on which have thankfully all passed. Two year diversary on 15th so I need to get back on this!

Now off for a 30 minute swim ....

TiggerB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Mine was 7.3 this morning but I had lots of sugary things yesterday evening so my own fault - once I started I couldn't stop but back on it today.

Hope all those struggling with their numbers or other health worries are all getting better - even if it's slowly.

Good luck K with your test today. Here's my Blitzen to hopefully make you smile.
86ca81f8ad9f14546877d404d4a341ce.jpg

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning all ;)

5.3 this morning my diabetes monster must know it’s my birthday. Been a rollercoaster the last 4 months. Started levemir split dose last night. Best fasting sugars I’ve had in 4 months bar the odd flukey one or two and a full nights sleep. Waking up mid sleep to prick fingers was costing me a few hours getting back off. Best sleep I’ve had in weeks.

Lovely stuff :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all ;)

5.3 this morning my diabetes monster must know it’s my birthday. Been a rollercoaster the last 4 months. Started levemir split dose last night. Best fasting sugars I’ve had in 4 months bar the odd flukey one or two and a full nights sleep. Waking up mid sleep to prick fingers was costing me a few hours getting back off. Best sleep I’ve had in weeks.

Lovely stuff :)
Happy birthday

Reactions: Key_master_