What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all ;)

5.3 this morning my diabetes monster must know it’s my birthday. Been a rollercoaster the last 4 months. Started levemir split dose last night. Best fasting sugars I’ve had in 4 months bar the odd flukey one or two and a full nights sleep. Waking up mid sleep to prick fingers was costing me a few hours getting back off. Best sleep I’ve had in weeks.

Lovely stuff :)

yes happy birthday to you... a great number to start with

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine was 7.3 this morning but I had lots of sugary things yesterday evening so my own fault - once I started I couldn't stop but back on it today.

Hope all those struggling with their numbers or other health worries are all getting better - even if it's slowly.

Good luck K with your test today. Here's my Blitzen to hopefully make you smile.
86ca81f8ad9f14546877d404d4a341ce.jpg
Tigger went overboard on the carbs myself last night...it happens occasionally...no matter how experienced we are...how long we've been diagnosed I doubt very much we've all 'stuck with the programme' without the odd diversion...you can identity the rise...know why/how it happened...not fault based...we're only human...put that away & just move forwards...what is it with these dogs...all fast asleep on the comfiest seats available...spoiled or what:)

Reactions: TiggerB

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I miss pasta so much Freema...good going on the numbers.
If you don't mind soy this brand has 3 products https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp.../explore-asian-organic-edamame-spaghetti-200g
This passed my youngest daughters taste test (and the rest of the family), her "regular" carby pasta has all been binned. This is moderately carb at 13.1 grams per 100, so I had some like a starters, although I do prefer true low carb alternatives now (or at least mentally do).

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
13.2 for me
Is that roughly the same or slightly above yesterdays level Karen...seem to remember it is...couple of things spring to mind...I know so little about type 1 & insulin...just wondering if it may be the rise & that awful head cold have finally reached their peak...if that is a possibility...others here might be able to advise on that...if you have no reduction in another couple of days...call the DSN...ask for an appointment with her or your GP...impress on her it is worrying you...you would like to discuss it with her or your GP...as far as I am aware hyperglycaemia for a short period of time doesn’t immediately cause harm... but...the earlier high blood-sugar issues are treated the better...we should be able to discuss anything that causes us anxiety with our health care teams when necessary in detail.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you don't mind soy this brand has 3 products https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/explore-asian-organic-edamame-spaghetti-200g?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=YTfe/pBIOU8cocn0ME4o3UCpqg6bvOoCGcAaf1i46gIiSwbRkmq1y3qpn4C+xuyXyoe0GokexBuVtIXMgAntPW2IF6jQ+QbDeXLYCHCT3kBuCYFlIn3MhWvZJz8zgQZWY+aliJzu1HbE4AeF+bHh+9jL6Ffnn5mkBbbT9a4oGt8=&ddkey=https:gb/groceries/explore-asian-organic-edamame-spaghetti-200g
This passed my youngest daughters taste test (and the rest of the family), her "regular" carby pasta has all been binned. This is moderately carb at 13.1 grams per 100, so I had some like a starters, although I do prefer true low carb alternatives now (or at least mentally do).
Will have a look at that MB...saw family for Dinner on Boxing day...gave myself some leeway from diabetes that day (and a couple of other days)...had curry with rice...followed by trifle...so enjoyed it the first I'd had in 18 months...send my BGs to 7.9...considered it worth it...imagine 50gms would amount to a good portion...hmmn...will definitely consider it...thank you

Reactions: Freema

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you don't mind soy this brand has 3 products https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/explore-asian-organic-edamame-spaghetti-200g?langId=44&storeId=10151&krypto=YTfe/pBIOU8cocn0ME4o3UCpqg6bvOoCGcAaf1i46gIiSwbRkmq1y3qpn4C+xuyXyoe0GokexBuVtIXMgAntPW2IF6jQ+QbDeXLYCHCT3kBuCYFlIn3MhWvZJz8zgQZWY+aliJzu1HbE4AeF+bHh+9jL6Ffnn5mkBbbT9a4oGt8=&ddkey=https:gb/groceries/explore-asian-organic-edamame-spaghetti-200g
Agree with this lovebean pasta - well tried the lowest carb world explorer one the endame and mung bean- and dosen’t put up my bloods but find that 40g was a good sized portion for me which probably helped. At least pasta is a meal option again I was really missing it.
This morning 5.2

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Morning...this diabetes thing has me foxed at times...ate very early last night...do intermittent fasting that way...last night just before bed felt I needed to eat something...so one biscuit & several Quality Street later off to bed thinking dam...dam...dam...up super early...possibly guilty conscience...woke to a 4.8...not complaining...grateful & relieved...sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to diabetes...or is that just me?
Could be your phase 2 insulin response has improved / is very strong in reacting to the sweetness. There would then be little need for a liver dump in the morning, just a theory.

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Good morning all ;)

5.3 this morning my diabetes monster must know it’s my birthday. Been a rollercoaster the last 4 months. Started levemir split dose last night. Best fasting sugars I’ve had in 4 months bar the odd flukey one or two and a full nights sleep. Waking up mid sleep to prick fingers was costing me a few hours getting back off. Best sleep I’ve had in weeks.

Lovely stuff :)
Happy birthday.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

3.6 today

I felt ok but had a few blueberries and a piece of cheese just to be on the safe side ;) retested at 4.1 after 20 mins. before I had breakfast. Off to the doctor's this morning so mr. gee and I will have our lunch out :happy:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could be your phase 2 insulin response has improved / is very strong in reacting to the sweetness. There would then be little need for a liver dump in the morning, just a theory.
Bizarre MB.....did the small snack before bed last year to avoid liver dump worked for a while...then numbers crept up slightly...now doing the intermittent fasting...try to eat as early as I can nothing until breakfast the following day...numbers improving...last night just had to have something to eat...got a little lax over Christmas & New Year...found it harder than I thought to get back to my routine...so increased my activity...possibly a combination of improved response & more activity...may experiment with it for a day or so.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone
BG @ 2am was 5.7 can't believe it
BG @ 8.30 am was 5.9 great
This diabetes is one huge rollercoaster ride with highs and lows my BG 2 hours after evening Meal last night was 12.2 couldn't believe it. I'm never this high! K