8 Months Since Type 2 Diagnosis

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As my title suggests, 8 months ago today I received a Type 2 diagnosis out of the blue (I had just had an annual blood test as I’m on BP meds). I found this forum that day and haven’t looked back. I found oodles of info that made sense, not the NHS rubbish Eatwell Plate and don’t test, quite the contrary, low carbing and self testing was the route I took. Initially 100g of carbs and 8 tests per day. Now I’m currently eating 50-70g of carbs per day and testing 4-6 times depending what else is going on in my life, illness, stress etc... and I continue on Metformin.
I now have a non diabetic HbA1c and have lost 5 stone in weight. I feel better than I have done in years. I’m currently on crutches after major surgery on my foot just before Christmas but am coping well, not sure I would have if I still carried the extra 5 stone. My sugars were a little raised after surgery but soon dropped back to my normal.
I have immense praise for this Forum, the admins, the moderators and all the Jo public contributors, there is so much expertise here and always a response to be had, whatever the question.
Thank you, thank you everyone! :happy:

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Way to go!

I have never understood that "don't test" nonsense. It's useless and I find dangerously bad advice, but hey, congrats to you. You should be proud of yourself. :)

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good stuff @Rachox though I would suggest that it was you who lost the 5 stone and got you HbAc1 to the right place. Just great work.
Hope the foot heals well and quickly.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You have certainly done a sterling job there, LCHF at its very best, well done.

Reactions: Hansenguy62

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant, and well done! Fabulous results! (PS: a big thank-you to you for all your informative and helpful posts too, including some yummy recipe ones :))

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done @Rachox

You put all the hard work in, so be proud of what you have achieved, and keep up the good work.
Good luck with the recovery on your foot.
:):):)

Jenniewren1958

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Fantastic result you’ve worked hard & deserve great results., thankyou for all your help & advice esp oppo ice cream it’s yummy

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox well done.
Testimonies such as yours are what this place is all about. Members with experience helping and supporting others through the diabetes maze.
All power to you. Stay well.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As my title suggests, 8 months ago today I received a Type 2 diagnosis out of the blue (I had just had an annual blood test as I’m on BP meds). I found this forum that day and haven’t looked back. I found oodles of info that made sense, not the NHS rubbish Eatwell Plate and don’t test, quite the contrary, low carbing and self testing was the route I took. Initially 100g of carbs and 8 tests per day. Now I’m currently eating 50-70g of carbs per day and testing 4-6 times depending what else is going on in my life, illness, stress etc... and I continue on Metformin.
I now have a non diabetic HbA1c and have lost 5 stone in weight. I feel better than I have done in years. I’m currently on crutches after major surgery on my foot just before Christmas but am coping well, not sure I would have if I still carried the extra 5 stone. My sugars were a little raised after surgery but soon dropped back to my normal.
I have immense praise for this Forum, the admins, the moderators and all the Jo public contributors, there is so much expertise here and always a response to be had, whatever the question.
Thank you, thank you everyone! :happy:

Congratulations Rachel.

You are an inspiration to us all.

Well done!!!!!!

Will you be celebrating in a Chinese Eat All You Can Buffet?

Laugh Out Loud!!!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations Rachel.

You are an inspiration to us all.

Well done!!!!!!

Will you be celebrating in a Chinese Eat All You Can Buffet?

Laugh Out Loud!!!
Err......... no! :joyful:

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My next A1c will be end of the month.

Currently on 46% (pre-diabetic range).

My plans are -

If the next A1c reads 39-35%, I’ll be celebrating at a big Chinese “Stuff As Much As You Can” Buffet.

If it’s 34-30%, I’ll be celebrating in a much bigger Chinese Buffet (opposite) for lunch and an Indian Buffet for dinner ....probably McDonalds afterwards!

If the next results reads 40-45%, I’ll most probably just cry and watch TV!

Laugh Out Loud!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

My plans are -

If the next A1c reads 39-35%, I’ll be celebrating at a big Chinese “Stuff As Much As You Can” Buffet.

If it’s 34-30%, I’ll be celebrating in a much bigger Chinese Buffet (opposite) for lunch and an Indian Buffet for dinner ....probably McDonalds afterwards!

Laugh Out Loud!
My next one is end of Feb, hopefully far enough from my traumatic Dec, chest infection, surgery and steroid shot, to have been able to keep mine in the 30s

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My next one is end of Feb, hopefully far enough from my traumatic Dec, chest infection, surgery and steroid shot, to have been able to keep mine in the 30s

Get well soon and congratulations!!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

My plans are -

Laugh Out Loud!

Just as an aside, you keep adding a % after your HbA1c results. The correct measurement units are mmol/mol. Your 46mmol/mol converts to 6.4% (which is the old measurement, used in some other countries including USA and some labs in the UK but most use mmol/mol. https://www.diabetes.co.uk/hba1c-to-blood-sugar-level-converter.html

Sorry to derail. :arghh:

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: Bluetit1802

alison.81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on your success. I hope you get better soon.