Nut, seed and choc chip bar recipe - help!

Judy99

Type of diabetes
Carer
Since my husband was diagnosed with type 1 last month, I’ve been scouring the net for nice low carb snack recipes that he can have between meals without spiking his blood sugar (he isn’t carb counting yet).

We’ve had a few disasters (don’t ask) but he really liked a nut and seed bar recipe I made before Christmas. I remember it had coconut oil in, (possibly 6tbsp) maybe almond flour, and chocolate chips - you could dip the bars in melted choc if you wanted.

I want to make it again and have scoured the net but can’t find the recipe anywhere. Does it ring a bell with anyone? Thanks in advance !

Ps I’ve just had a nibble of the Parmesan shortbread and tiffin recipes I made this afternoon and they were lovely which is a relief...

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just make it up as I go along. Butter and coconut oil sets so melt it and put whatever ingredients you want in it then leave it to set.

Reactions: Rachox

Judy99

Type of diabetes
Carer
Sure - 30g butter, 1tsp cocoa powder, 30g ground almonds, 30g dessicated coconut, 1 tsp sesame seeds 1 tsp powdered sweetener

Melt butter then mix in everything else. Spread on a plate (to whatever thickness you like) and bung in fridge for about half an hour.

I took it from a Mumsnet lo-carb thread.

I think I’ll put less sweetener in next time as the coconut naturally makes it very sweet.

Reactions: kaylz91

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Judy99 thank you :)
Does it matter if it's salted or unsalted butter?
I think I'll give the sweetener a complete swerve as I don't like artificial sweeteners x

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah well I've only got salted so that'll just have to do lol x