The SCREAM thread

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
I do wish that none blue badge holders would stop parking in disabled bays . You make my blood boil.

Reactions: heh

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
My 16yo daughter has had her learners permit for just over 24 hours. So far she has driven over 4 snow banks and the last one required my vehicle to be towed to a shop for loss of transmission fluid. Just waiting to see how much $$ this will cost me.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My 16yo daughter has had her learners permit for just over 24 hours. So far she has driven over 4 snow banks and the last one required my vehicle to be towed to a shop for loss of transmission fluid. Just waiting to see how much $$ this will cost me.
Sorry to hear that. It's always nerve-wracking when your kids start learning to drive. It does get better, eventually - trust me on this; I've been through it twice :eek:

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thankfully the damage is minimal. The problem is the required parts aren’t available in Canada and have to be shipped from the U.S not major, just a broken fitting on the transmission cooler line. The mechanic will bypass the internal cooler while leaving the external cooler functional.
Teaching driving to someone completely clueless on how to operate a vehicle is nerve wracking to say the least. She cried for over an hour about breaking my vehicle. I’ll have to get her back behind the wheel in an empty lot to practice turns.

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Just brought my youngest a brand new washing machine . Tonight he rings us up to ask how he stops it from jumping about . So Ron tells him he has to make sure the legs are even and that the bolt in the back has been take out . My son .... what bolt .... The bolt they put in to stop it bouncing in transit . My son never reads instruction manuals.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
Thankfully the damage is minimal. The problem is the required parts aren’t available in Canada and have to be shipped from the U.S not major, just a broken fitting on the transmission cooler line. The mechanic will bypass the internal cooler while leaving the external cooler functional.
Teaching driving to someone completely clueless on how to operate a vehicle is nerve wracking to say the least. She cried for over an hour about breaking my vehicle. I’ll have to get her back behind the wheel in an empty lot to practice turns.
Driving school is an option.

Troubled1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Driving school is an option.

She is signed up for driver training. We do however want her to get a little driving time in before she starts in February. We decided to bring her to a light industrial area in the evenings to practice. The area is quiet, little if any traffic and quite a few large parking areas to practice in.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
She is signed up for driver training. We do however want her to get a little driving time in before she starts in February. We decided to bring her to a light industrial area in the evenings to practice. The area is quiet, little if any traffic and quite a few large parking areas to practice in.
lol, I use to let my husband take care of driving instruction (he was way calmer)

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
since having the sore throat and losing my voice etc my levels seem to be high I have no idea why but have blood tests in Feb and am hoping they not high arghhhh

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Once again my throat is dam sore and I feel terrible my chest feels tight and my head iffy, not long ago I think a couple of weeks I had this and I thought it had gone but its back and I am wanting to know if anyone else is having these problems arghhhhh

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Being stuck in an argument between my mentally ill daughter and my mentally ill sister.

Sister decided to broadcast all over a forum exactly why my daughter has social services involvement due to the past criminal history of her current boyfriend/fiance. And I'm stuck in the middle because both need help and support and I dont really know what to do about either of them. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

My daughter will be 29 in May and my sister is 45 next month.

My daughter's girls are being involved in this and so are my sister's kids.

Went to bed with a migraine and heavily sedated

Today, so far, is quiet :nailbiting:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Seriously why do kids never listen. My youngest is going to get such an ear bashing later today.

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Happyhomelands

Being stuck in an argument between my mentally ill daughter and my mentally ill sister.

Sister decided to broadcast all over a forum exactly why my daughter has social services involvement due to the past criminal history of her current boyfriend/fiance. And I'm stuck in the middle because both need help and support and I dont really know what to do about either of them. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

My daughter will be 29 in May and my sister is 45 next month.

My daughter's girls are being involved in this and so are my sister's kids.

Went to bed with a migraine and heavily sedated

Today, so far, is quiet :nailbiting:
It's really hard when you can see what's happening but loved ones can't. You can encourage and support but as adults they will choose what happens next. Try to keep yourself well so that you are on hand when they need support. Good luck.

Reactions: wolfie11969

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Can we ask why?
He went to a&e on Saturday . He's burst a blood vessel in his eye . Dr said he wasn't to drive until he'd been back to see them today. His work call him yesterday wanting him in as couldn't get cover. He delivers takeaways . So when his girlfriend told me this I told her that he wouldn't be covered on his insurance if he were to have an accident . Late that evening his legs went numb he wouldn't go back to hospital. So I got his girlfriend to google his symptoms I told her it would scare him and it did . That's when he stopped working . Today he's been back to hospital and given the all clear.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He went to a&e on Saturday . He's burst a blood vessel in his eye . Dr said he wasn't to drive until he'd been back to see them today. His work call him yesterday wanting him in as couldn't get cover. He delivers takeaways . So when his girlfriend told me this I told her that he wouldn't be covered on his insurance if he were to have an accident . Late that evening his legs went numb he wouldn't go back to hospital. So I got his girlfriend to google his symptoms I told her it would scare him and it did . That's when he stopped working . Today he's been back to hospital and given the all clear.
They think they know better don't they. Glad he's ok now.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My DIL crashed her car today, smashed the front end. Luckily she's ok, just upset.