The SCREAM thread

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
So tonight Ron is sleeping in his recliner because yet again his legs won't move , been like it for over an hour .

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Yes it always appears odd to me that those who are the worst off insulin wise have the means for better control than those who otherwise have less serious issues. I used to feel slightly envious, but having learned more about living with type 1 I wouldn't choose to swap places for all the cream and strawberry scones in Devon & Cornwall! :p

Robbity

Thanks Robbity! Feeling the need for sympathy after a bad day of memory influencing blood sugar events when I mixed up recognising two old friends and failed to see atorvastatins cos they're in a new packet. Well, I blame it on blood sugars. Just hoping it's not the long-term after effect of frequent hypos in the days before blood sugar testing and carb labelling on foods. I may soon be alerting the whole neighbourhood by screaming about it in the front garden while wearing my dressing gown and a tea cosy!

Reactions: Sable_Jan

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
But weeds are just flowers growing where you don't want them ;)
Got some lovely dandelions growing at the front of my house.... a lovely, lovely bright yellow.... when the flowers have died off I will pull the plant up for my grandrabbits

Love dandelions. The young leaves are good in salads, but don't eat too many: they've earned their French name - pis en lit.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I heard on the news this morning that we will soon be asked about our sexuality by the gp, hospital etc. My inclination is to refuse to give an answer.
I was asked the same question on a form asking my opinion on local libraries. My answer was unrepeatable on this genteel forum.

Tempted to give the same answer as the religion question on the census: Jedi. Any better ideas?

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Erm I went shopping yesterday and got tapped on the shoulder by my eldest. She was out shopping with her ex - the one that created a whole heap of trouble with the Government services.

I'm angry and hurt I had to find out whilst shopping and he skulked off as I think he knows he's not liked by us.

Just as I thought she was sorting her life out.

I feel for those poor kiddies

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Argh!!!
Had a nightmare last night about bariatric surgery. Woke very very upset.
I do wonder.....if I'm starting the change as hormones all over the place. Tired then bursting with energy but blunted by painful walking.

Also.....
Dietician appointment has upset me. I know this weight loss thing is a serious matter but the horrific journey there and back for a 15mins lecture on porriage and banana suggestion. It's a good job I like the lass. What a bl##dy waste of time and money. First appointment I've had like that.....very disappointed. :(

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Argh!!!
Had a nightmare last night about bariatric surgery. Woke very very upset.
I do wonder.....if I'm starting the change as hormones all over the place. Tired then bursting with energy but blunted by painful walking.

Also.....
Dietician appointment has upset me. I know this weight loss thing is a serious matter but the horrific journey there and back for a 15mins lecture on porriage and banana suggestion. It's a good job I like the lass. What a bl##dy waste of time and money. First appointment I've had like that.....very disappointed. :(

My experience was a male doctor who told me 'I had no choice but to have bariatric surgery due to my underlying health issues'.

I felt I had no choice but to accept going on the list so I went off home and did some research and discovered it probably wouldnt be the best thing for me given me past history and the fact I am on lifelong mediation. The idiot even wrote to my psych consultant asking if 'I was of sound mind'

I wrote a letter to the head honcho explaining I was probably one of the people that psychological services would be better for me as I had issues surrounding food. I was apprehensive at my next appointment but they were very nice and explained the man had been 'moved elsewhere' and that I could continue with them for as long as necessary.

Take each appointment as it is. You will see many different people on the journey but they all have the same ideas in the end.

** I've had the banana and porridge one too. Oh and the 7 deadly sins of food - bread, biscuits, crisps, chocolate, pies, pastries (cant remember the other one)

Reactions: chris lowe

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
My experience was a male doctor who told me 'I had no choice but to have bariatric surgery due to my underlying health issues'.

I felt I had no choice but to accept going on the list so I went off home and did some research and discovered it probably wouldnt be the best thing for me given me past history and the fact I am on lifelong mediation. The idiot even wrote to my psych consultant asking if 'I was of sound mind'

I wrote a letter to the head honcho explaining I was probably one of the people that psychological services would be better for me as I had issues surrounding food. I was apprehensive at my next appointment but they were very nice and explained the man had been 'moved elsewhere' and that I could continue with them for as long as necessary.

Take each appointment as it is. You will see many different people on the journey but they all have the same ideas in the end.

** I've had the banana and porridge one too. Oh and the 7 deadly sins of food - bread, biscuits, crisps, chocolate, pies, pastries (cant remember the other one)
Its ridiculously well off thebeatentrack at times. I feel they are struggling to claw back nornal eating but we dont have normal ingredients these days. Mealtimes have changed, the human bodies capabilities have changed too.

At one time i could exercise just as i worked. Constant and til late hours ofaday. My body doesnt excel unless worked and fed 3 meals at high power.
Currently I'm recovering from huge stress (partner's illness due to tramas, concurrent). Also back pain which is disabiling my capabilities and numb foot, leg and swellling which causes agonising pain and distress.
All prohibiting my best performance, by far. :(:( :(
Sooooooo frustrating!

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I'm waiting on a call from the gp. Please tell me whether I have a point or not.

I have a list of medication I can order online and then it gets sent to the chemist. There is one item I cannot order as a repeat so I request it in the little box below. Every month I have to chase this medication as the prescription staff seem to ignore my request. I dont see the point of making an appointment to see the gp with it as it should really be on my repeat list and I dont think they have got around to it.

I've tried online for days to get an appointment with the gp but there are no appointments available because they havent put December's list up yet, and when I phone I have to keep ringing to be told there are no appointments.

Anyone see the reasoning or am I being stroppy?

So now I'm taking up the time of a gp who could be dealing with someone that is sick and not someone who basically uses their brains and requests in the correct manner.

grrrr

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Well I'm waiting on a call from the gp. Please tell me whether I have a point or not.

I have a list of medication I can order online and then it gets sent to the chemist. There is one item I cannot order as a repeat so I request it in the little box below. Every month I have to chase this medication as the prescription staff seem to ignore my request. I dont see the point of making an appointment to see the gp with it as it should really be on my repeat list and I dont think they have got around to it.

I've tried online for days to get an appointment with the gp but there are no appointments available because they havent put December's list up yet, and when I phone I have to keep ringing to be told there are no appointments.

So now I'm taking up the time of a gp who could be dealing with someone that is sick and not someone who basically uses their brains and requests in the correct manner.

grrrr
I know how you feel. When I have to make an appointment with my gp when yearly blood tests are back to be told at appointment, all good. Mind u I was ill last year but going to doctors when not well isn't anyones ides of fun. I even snapped and said "could this not have been done on a 5min phone call?" Humf.

Last edited:

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.

grrrr
Ron's in the same situation as you are so your not alone there .

S

Sable_Jan

grrrr
Items not on repeat can't be ordered in the box (it does say something about that there) a request via receptionist "may" be auctioned BUT it depends on the medication involved.... it's not wasting GP 's time....

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
My daughter was taken to A &E last friday with pains in her chest they test her blood sugar and asked how long has she had diabetes she replied I did not know I had it they told her make an appointment for your Doctors Monnday morning....seeing as it is hard to get into to see the docs i rang them and said look she needs blood tests to determine if diabetic, they said she could see the Nurse but the Doctors were very busy as two were off, so off she went had blood tests....then wednesday they rang to say she had some thing wrong with bloods and the only time they could get a double appointment with Mary the nurse would be a week on thursday.... i said well Mary is my diabetic Nurse so u must have it.... I tested her blood sugar which was 11.2 that was a fasting one so knew she deff had it...yesterday i rang to see hwo she was and she said she was very tired and wanted to sleep all the time also feeling very dizzy...I asked if her hubby was there and could he get her to A & E she said no he was at work so I rang the doctors again and got her into see a doctor last eve ....they told her she had diabetes plus Hypothirodism gave her some Metformin and she is back to see another Doctor tonight which was booked because she having trouble with her eyes..Imagine waiting another week to get some metformin her levels are high and she needed it there and then ...unbelievable how a newly diognosed diabetic is treated.... screams at them also ordered her a code free meter so she can keep an eye on he rlevels

Reactions: tina_marie

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Doesn't anyone use sidelights any more? Indicators? Excuse the rather off-topic topic, but I feel the need for a rant! Ok, it was slightly dim this morning (which could apply to quite a few local drivers) but almost every car had their headlights on. I haven't the world's greatest eyesight (perfectly fine for driving though!) and to me the level of daylight was certainly bright enough not to need headlights. In fact the road and surroundings were clearer/brighter when not confronted with the lights. Nobody seems to use sidelights any more (if their cars don't have daylight running lights). Perhaps it's a "ooh, everyone has their headlights on, I had better put mine on so I can be seen too" thing? And, having had to suddenly brake three times on my way to work because the car in front decided to shoot off to the left or right with no indication (quite a regular occurrence), it seems that indicators are becoming an optional extra. They are a Good Device when navigating roundabouts, people.... Is it me, or is the standard of driving these days? Or is it just the locals?

Thanks, I feel much better for that! :happy: (And thank you to @Robinredbreast for the heads-up on the Scream thread - wasn't sure whether to put a rant on here as it seems a rather trivial (but really annoying) moan compared to what others are having to put up with.)

Reactions: slikwipman

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Well it has come to pass after 72 years of being their door mat I have decided to tell them to bog off...family that is lol

Reactions: jay hay-char

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a scream just a moan

Women's clothes - everywhere I look they have this new fashion of a top with a built in choker made of material and a v neck. Now whilst they may look good on a 20 something young girl they dont look good on me. I've had to take 2 tops back in this style (I am trying to modernise my look) because the v neck plunges so far down you can see what you have had for breakfast. (Slight exaggeration you can see your undies).

I just think with me being nearly 50 I dont want my sagging b00bies on show.

Anyone else have pet hates with fashion?

(Dont get me started on leggings)

Reactions: slikwipman