BG meter that doesn't need a finger stab

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
I think I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.
Is there such a thing as a smart meter that will let you enter a BG result, rather than doing a finger stab?
I'm currently using the Freestyle Libre which I absolutely love. I'm happy to inject based on scan results so it's given me freedom from the awful endless finger stabbing. Prior to the Libre I was using the Accuchek Aviva Expert. The Freestyle Reader is not really up to it as a meter. I do use the RapidCalc app which is pretty good.
What I'd really like is an equivalent to the Expert, but without the finger stabbing.
I think I'm probably asking for too much.

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Not Yet but read this http://guardianlv.com/2013/10/no-finger-prick-blood-sugar-meter-on-the-way/ I think there are other research programs as well so Answer is ONE DAY Perhaps/Maybe
Thanks. That's really interesting. I was getting quite excited until I got to near the end of the article:
' they hope to have a device about the size of a shoe box ready in about three years. And, their ultimate goal is to develop a portable meter, they say'.
A shoe box! Oh well. Way to go I guess.

P

pollensa

Is there such a thing as a smart meter that will let you enter a BG result, rather than doing a finger stab?
I'm currently using the Freestyle Libre which I absolutely love. I'm happy to inject based on scan results so it's given me freedom from the awful endless finger stabbing. Prior to the Libre I was using the Accuchek Aviva Expert. The Freestyle Reader is not really up to it as a meter. I do use the RapidCalc app which is pretty good.
What I'd really like is an equivalent to the Expert, but without the finger stabbing.

The most
wonderful testing machine is GENTEEL, yes it still pricks but it is painless and you don't have to press blood it works by suction, its amazing...you can test, top of arm, palm of hand, just above the knee inner arm, wherever. look Genteel up on website, and watch how it works. I bought one in Spain, and its amazing.

Mallorca

jimsboss

I received a card with a batch of needles from Glaxo. They sent me a smart phone adapter with strips and finger jabber.
. Problem is the app is only iPhone and iPads. I spoke to Glaxo and they said they are working on an android app and bloodless reader for release early this year. So far nothing.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
android apps need a LOT more testing, as they have to test on every make and modal of phones. By removing freedom from users apple makes it a lot easier to test apps.

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It will be a welcome development to monitor bg without jabbing

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi, I read up on the Libre system and was impressed but then I found the Dexcom system. It provides a continuous read out of BG levels, provides alarms for Hypo and Hyper readings, sudden rises and sudden drops are also measured. The system works with iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC. Or you can purchase their very own reader. The cost, I feel, is similar to Libre and there are discounts on the necessary sensors and transmitter. Each sensor lasts for 5 days, approx while the transmitter lasts quite a bit longer. It is just a question of place the sensor and forget it for a week. A very easy system to use with excellent print outs and a constant monitoring provides ease of mind.

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I read up on the Libre system and was impressed but then I found the Dexcom system. It provides a continuous read out of BG levels, provides alarms for Hypo and Hyper readings, sudden rises and sudden drops are also measured. The system works with iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC. Or you can purchase their very own reader. The cost, I feel, is similar to Libre and there are discounts on the necessary sensors and transmitter. Each sensor lasts for 5 days, approx while the transmitter lasts quite a bit longer. It is just a question of place the sensor and forget it for a week. A very easy system to use with excellent print outs and a constant monitoring provides ease of mind.
There's a comparison of Libre and Dexcom on the Glucose Monitoring forum: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/blood-monitors-compared.4982/