Hiii, I’m back and feeling positive[emoji18]

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After a stressful few weeks/ months with improving my work in lessons and mocks and tears. As well as a stressful time with my diabetes and dka a replacement pump etc... anyway so I’ve been improving with the coke I know it’s still not good but I’m down to one sugary drink a day (bolusing for it) I am having amazing blood sugars of 5 and 6! I’ve been bolusing for everything I eat and I have been testing 5-6 times a day! I’ve really changed things around and it may not seem like much to some but to me I’ve been feeling so much better in my self. However on the downside I have been having a lot of hypos last night I dropped to 1.4 which was very scary and I didn’t even feel hypo! I never feel lows anymore and I’m worried that it’s going to happen and I won’t know and something bad may happen. I tested after a friend said “your hyper are you low” she was right and I was 3.2 so I treated with some dextrose tablets. I had retested to find I was 1.4. It was lucky I retested. I also received my certificate at school for good attendance and behaviour as well as being praised by my favourite teachers; (history and maths). Bearing in mind I was doing bad in them lessons last year. I am really happy on the pump and I’m determined to do this! Even though I’ve made a few mistakes (accidentally bolusing 24 unite instead of 24G of carbs‍♀️). I also got my toilet pass and medical pass today so if there’s any issues I can leave the lesson. I’m going to leave this post here on a positive and hopefully get good bloods when I test for dinner.

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
There are lots of positives in there Megan (?). Coping with T1D and being a teenager can't be easy. Award your yourself double Brownie points :)
Were you able to identify the possible cause of that hypo ? Noting food/carb intake and bolus administered may help making a possible connection.
Hope all goes well with your exams in summer.
Geoff

Reactions: diabeticmegxo

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Super stuff. Apart from the annoying hypos. How about trying to keep the coke as a hypo treatment rather than an everyday thing? Although I understand that a treat is great when stressed/upset and you are bolusing for it so taking care of yourself.
Nice to hear about the good numbers.

Reactions: diabeticmegxo

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are awesome! I know I don’t know you but I’m seriously proud of you, to do all that must mean you are strong, driven and determined.

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There are lots of positives in there Megan (?). Coping with T1D and being a teenager can't be easy. Award your yourself double Brownie points :)
Were you able to identify the possible cause of that hypo ? Noting food/carb intake and bolus administered may help making a possible connection.
Hope all goes well with your exams in summer.
Geoff

I don’t actually know why I’m getting hypos I’ve been having loads though :(

diabeticmegxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Super stuff. Apart from the annoying hypos. How about trying to keep the coke as a hypo treatment rather than an everyday thing? Although I understand that a treat is great when stressed/upset and you are bolusing for it so taking care of yourself.
Nice to hear about the good numbers.

I did have one for a hypo treatment and that’s what started me having them again. :( will try and keep them just for hypos though :)