1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Hiii, I’m back and feeling positive[emoji18]

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by diabeticmegxo, Jan 24, 2018.

1. diabeticmegxo

diabeticmegxo Type 1 · Well-Known Member

After a stressful few weeks/ months with improving my work in lessons and mocks and tears. As well as a stressful time with my diabetes and dka a replacement pump etc... anyway so I’ve been improving with the coke I know it’s still not good but I’m down to one sugary drink a day (bolusing for it) I am having amazing blood sugars of 5 and 6! I’ve been bolusing for everything I eat and I have been testing 5-6 times a day! I’ve really changed things around and it may not seem like much to some but to me I’ve been feeling so much better in my self. However on the downside I have been having a lot of hypos last night I dropped to 1.4 which was very scary and I didn’t even feel hypo! I never feel lows anymore and I’m worried that it’s going to happen and I won’t know and something bad may happen. I tested after a friend said “your hyper are you low” she was right and I was 3.2 so I treated with some dextrose tablets. I had retested to find I was 1.4. It was lucky I retested. I also received my certificate at school for good attendance and behaviour as well as being praised by my favourite teachers; (history and maths). Bearing in mind I was doing bad in them lessons last year. I am really happy on the pump and I’m determined to do this! Even though I’ve made a few mistakes (accidentally bolusing 24 unite instead of 24G of carbs‍♀️). I also got my toilet pass and medical pass today so if there’s any issues I can leave the lesson. I’m going to leave this post here on a positive and hopefully get good bloods when I test for dinner.

2. librarising

librarising LADA · Well-Known Member

There are lots of positives in there Megan (?). Coping with T1D and being a teenager can't be easy. Award your yourself double Brownie points :)
    Were you able to identify the possible cause of that hypo ? Noting food/carb intake and bolus administered may help making a possible connection.
    Hope all goes well with your exams in summer.
    Geoff

• Like Like x 1
  3. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Super stuff. Apart from the annoying hypos. How about trying to keep the coke as a hypo treatment rather than an everyday thing? Although I understand that a treat is great when stressed/upset and you are bolusing for it so taking care of yourself.
    Nice to hear about the good numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. wiflib

wiflib Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

You are awesome! I know I don’t know you but I’m seriously proud of you, to do all that must mean you are strong, driven and determined.

• Like Like x 2
  5. diabeticmegxo

I don’t actually know why I’m getting hypos I’ve been having loads though :(

6. diabeticmegxo

I did have one for a hypo treatment and that’s what started me having them again. :( will try and keep them just for hypos though :)

• Hug Hug x 1
  7. diabeticmegxo

Thank you so much!

8. thomasrichmond_16

thomasrichmond_16 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I'm happy to hear you're feeling more positive again :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. diabeticmegxo

Thankyou!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mike D

Mike D Type 2 · Expert

• Like Like x 1
  11. diabeticmegxo

Thank you so much!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook