LOW EMERGENCIES ignore first post I cannot delete it :(

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had a low that I can only remember was low, lower but back up I think it was yesterday today I was low 2.2 and some people were already in the room when I checked resulting in a mini evacuation of the Medical Room as my situation was an emergency a boy was still feeling a bit ill from the night he had and therefore was sent back to class as they thought he would be fine someone came due to a burnt wrist she had staged to get out of washing up. It was kind of scary for the kid who was inside when I found out I was 2.2 I think. Also a bit worrying for him I think.
What is really surprising is I was double figures around 10 and around 12 both times before the lows and it had been 2-3 hours since those reading Idk how they happened.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @22nw22 ,

The other thread deleted for you! :)

On the subject. Had you bolused about 4 hours prior to the hypo..?

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7:20 today 7:10 still hypo. :(
I feel bad that I had to get that kid out yesterday.
Any idea?

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am OK but I had hypos at 10:30 every day at school and IDK what to do

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So no I haven't bolused 4 hours before any hypos.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @22nw22 as you had no quick acting insulin on board you need to reduce your basal insulin - what basal are you on and when do you take it ? Are you under the care of a nurse as you will need to contact them as a priority to review any insulin adjustments with them.

Little_Lucy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am not sure when you were diagnosed was it recently? Because you could be going through your honeymoon stage

knipster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
tell your nurse if you are going low every day at the same time, as they will make a change to your doses that will hopefully stop you doing this. Until then maybe try eating something at 10 without injecting with around 10g of carbs just to keep your bgs up. Also do you get very confused at 2.2? because i went to 2.1 and i only felt a little light headed???