Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I kind of like washing up anway - it gives me a sense of purpose on slow days
If you ever need more sense of purpose in your life then you can derive from your own dishes, feel free to come over and do mine as well!

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Haha! I'd love to come round and do your washing up
And my house is nice and warm at the moment. I've also got a cat on my lap which helps keep me warm. Hey! Why not get a cat and bury your hands in its fur?

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
And I expect you can't get within 3 feet of your sink if you are still wearing all those layers of clothes you mentioned a while back when combating your own 'cold issues', so clearly you need someone to help you out there!
True, my arms aren't long enough!

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have stayed in several holiday cottages that only have storage heaters. Lovely and warm when you get up, and bloomin freezing in the evenings when you are sitting watching telly. I do sympathise with you.

I can see how fingerless gloves aid in handling things or typing, but to be comfortable I would rather have the fingers than the rest of the glove. It is my fingers that get cold. The rest of me is warm. Do they sell finger-only gloves?

I have visions of a glove-making factory somewhere, where they make whole gloves, then snip the fingers off to make them fingerless. Surely they could pick the leftovers off the floor and send you some hand-less gloves!?

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good plan! Maybe we should alternate weeks though. I live in the Netherlands. I don't know where you live, but if it's the UK all the traveling might give @AdamJames a bit too much purpose in his life.

If you've got my travelling expenses covered, you've got yourself some squeaky-clean dishes!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Alas, nothing again. Would be a wonderful way to spend 22 million euro's though. Just let someone come over from the UK to do your dishes everyday!

edit: every other day of course, I'd never forget to share you with @archersuz , no matter how rich I would be!

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have visions of a glove-making factory somewhere, where they make whole gloves, then snip the fingers off to make them fingerless. Surely they could pick the leftovers off the floor and send you some hand-less gloves!?
I have to keep re-reading this post as it makes me laugh soooooo much:happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Right, need to go and cook dinner now. Washing up will be ready and waiting at about 8pm

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm in Sussex so not far, but I'm pretty sure @AdamJames would prefer to visit you.

I'm an equal-opportunities employee!

A trip abroad to meet someone who has had her hand bent the wrong way in industrial machinery would be quite interesting.

I'm also quite curious as to what someone looks like when they are wearing 57 different layers of thermal clothing.

I'll fit you both in!

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I'm also quite curious as to what someone looks like when they are wearing 57 different layers of thermal clothing.
upload_2018-2-2_18-16-24.jpeg