Type 2 Gloves

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, @archersuz , about knitting. Look what I did last year with the wool from my neighbours' sheep Nieske. I first had to learn to spin, and then I learned to knit, and then I had to learn to knit socks, and then I imagined a life full of wonderful home-knitted garments and then I lost interest because I already knew how to do it. So I'm afraid this one pair of socks has to last me the rest of my life, but I'm very proud of them! sok 1.jpg sok2.jpg sok3.jpg sok4.jpg sok5.jpg sok6.jpg sok7.jpg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Don't you just glove this thread, it's sooooooooo gloverly lol :D

archersuz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ah, @archersuz , about knitting. Look what I did last year with the wool from my neighbours' sheep Nieske. I first had to learn to spin, and then I learned to knit, and then I had to learn to knit socks, and then I imagined a life full of wonderful home-knitted garments and then I lost interest because I already knew how to do it. So I'm afraid this one pair of socks has to last me the rest of my life, but I'm very proud of them!
Wow they're incredible! My friend's daughter was expecting a baby so I started to knit 2 blankets. Her daughter is now 4 and she has a second one ..... and the blankets aren't finished yet.

Reactions: Books1

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow they're incredible! My friend's daughter was expecting a baby so I started to knit 2 blankets. Her daughter is now 4 and she has a second one ..... and the blankets aren't finished yet.
You've got to hurry. The bigger those babies get the more work knitting a blanket will be...

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, @archersuz , about knitting. Look what I did last year with the wool from my neighbours' sheep Nieske. I first had to learn to spin, and then I learned to knit, and then I had to learn to knit socks, and then I imagined a life full of wonderful home-knitted garments and then I lost interest because I already knew how to do it. So I'm afraid this one pair of socks has to last me the rest of my life, but I'm very proud of them!View attachment 25117 View attachment 25118 View attachment 25119 View attachment 25120 View attachment 25121 View attachment 25122 View attachment 25123

Nice foot gear! If you'd stopped at your second-to-last photo, you'd have toeless socks! I'm not sure they'd serve the same purpose as fingerless gloves, but at least they'd be a thing!

Since starting this thread I've had a few nights living/sleeping in a car while walking in Snowdonia. It was sub-zero for some of those nights. My fingerless gloves were very useful then, plus I've also got some things that were called 'lounge socks' but they are really like slippers with a huge amount of fleece lining in them.

One cannot have too many thermal clothes for one's extremities :)

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When it's sub-zero I definitely prefer fingered (is that a word?) gloves!

Haha! Yes definitely. Or even mitts!

The fingerless gloves were priceless when I was making food, or using a gas stove to make cups of tea, and even doing some typing! I lasted a good 4 hours one night, but my fingers were definitely giving me warning signs that they would be turning to icicles unless I occasionally put my hands into my nice fleece-line pockets!

Reactions: Antje77

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only