Type 2 Gloves

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got my Type 2, I've got my weight loss, I've got my cold extremities, I've got my freezing house with my rubbish storage heaters, I've got my visible breath in my front room, and today my fingerless gloves arrived in the post.

I've been trying them out just now and I'm very excited.

So far, while wearing them, I've managed to:

* Type this post.

* Pick up a kettle full of boiling water without it slipping out of my hands and requiring a trip to hospital.

* Liberate a piece of dark chocolate from a mass of dark chocolate without getting chocolatey gloves.

* Convey coffee to my mouth via a mug without getting a lap full of spilt coffee.

It's going really well so far.

I need to do the washing up at some point today which I'm expecting might be a bit tricky, but I figure it's a learning process.

I look like Albert Steptoe.

Reactions: DJC3

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've got my Type 2, I've got my weight loss, I've got my cold extremities, I've got my freezing house with my rubbish storage heaters, I've got my visible breath in my front room, and today my fingerless gloves arrived in the post.

* Type this post.

* Pick up a kettle full of boiling water without it slipping out of my hands and requiring a trip to hospital.

* Liberate a piece of dark chocolate from a mass of dark chocolate without getting chocolatey gloves.

* Convey coffee to my mouth via a mug without getting a lap full of spilt coffee.

I need to do the washing up at some point today which I'm expecting might be a bit tricky, but I figure it's a learning process.

Mine have grips on the inside. Kiddies ones. I need the grips, a lot.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
M

* Type this post.

Marigolds over them? Mind u water should be warm enough?

I've had those. Only worked if I kept them on mostly full strength and off in summer.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
M

Marigolds over them? Mind u water should be warm enough?

I've had those. Only worked if I kept them on mostly full strength and off in summer.

Marigolds! Brilliant. I'm going to try it. I feel a whole new avenue of possibilities opening up here.

I knew this was the place to talk gloves.

I doubt my water will be hot enough, it only heats up overnight like my rubbish storage heaters, and unusually for me I had a bath this morning. Before the gloves arrived, luckily. I haven't worked out how I'm going to do baths with these gloves yet.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't worked out how I'm going to do baths with these gloves yet.
Just use the marigolds and find something to tie round the top to keep the water out :):):)
(sorry, I thought it was funny and couldn't resist suggesting it)

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just use the marigolds and find something to tie round the top to keep the water out :):):)
(sorry, I thought it was funny and couldn't resist suggesting it)

This is definitely the place to talk gloves.

And I have string :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Oh I'm definitely your woman for fixing problems. I was student advisor in 6th form with my own radiator as a meeting place and again in college and a samaritan after than for a few years.
I have a close connection with heat! Ha ha

Sue192

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is definitely the place to talk gloves.

And I have string :)
Cable ties. I swear by cable ties. Although they can be a little tight. Also, @AdamJames, you can get gloves with bits of metal thread in them (at least I think that's what they have) so that you don't have to take them off when touch-screening etc. Trendy and on-message ;)

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh I'm definitely your woman for fixing problems. I was student advisor in 6th form with my own radiator as a meeting place and again in college and a samaritan after than for a few years.
I have a close connection with heat! Ha ha

Your own radiator as a meeting place? I was, quite literally, going to write how 'cool' that was. But, you know what I mean!

Reactions: Books1

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So you can hold a kettle with your fingerless gloves, pour the boiling water from your kettle into your bowl of tepid water to warm it up then switch to Marigolds!
Now to make this even more relevant to a Diabetes Forum, are you getting blood out of your finger tips more easily with warm hands?

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cable ties. I swear by cable ties. Although they can be a little tight. Also, @AdamJames, you can get gloves with bits of metal thread in them (at least I think that's what they have) so that you don't have to take them off when touch-screening etc. Trendy and on-message ;)

This thread has turned into Glove Central. I love it! Who knew there was so much to learn about gloves!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We have stayed in several holiday cottages that only have storage heaters. Lovely and warm when you get up, and bloomin freezing in the evenings when you are sitting watching telly. I do sympathise with you.

I can see how fingerless gloves aid in handling things or typing, but to be comfortable I would rather have the fingers than the rest of the glove. It is my fingers that get cold. The rest of me is warm. Do they sell finger-only gloves?

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So you can hold a kettle with your fingerless gloves, pour the boiling water from your kettle into your bowl of tepid water to warm it up then switch to Marigolds!
Now to make this even more relevant to a Diabetes Forum, are you getting blood out of your finger tips more easily with warm hands?

Haha! I do often have to pour boiling water from the kettle into the bowl to do the washing up!

I'm not sure I want to ever take these gloves off however. They went on so easily the first time, I don't want to push my luck :) I feel certain that with enough ingenuity there must be a Way of Living that doesn't require their removal!

I didn't think about the finger prick thing, I have actually been really struggling getting enough blood recently - I think these gloves could be a winner there, too! I'll report back when I've tried.

Reactions: Rachox

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Next time you're having a slow day, you can come round and do my washing up if you like

Haha! I'd love to come round and do your washing up. I know it's sad but I actually quite like it :(

And I expect you can't get within 3 feet of your sink if you are still wearing all those layers of clothes you mentioned a while back when combating your own 'cold issues', so clearly you need someone to help you out there!