Another Newcastle diet poster

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have posted in the type 2 board was told would probably be best to post up in here. I'm in my first week on day five now on the second day I came down with a cold but have continued on. I also have ME/CFS and fibromyalgia on top of the type 2 diabetes. I was diagnosed in October and have bg levels of 18 most days, I'm very excited about this diet as it's only day five and on day two my bloods were 7.2 and today on day five fasting bloods are 5.1!! Haven't had that in I can't tell you how long. So this in itself is giving me strength for the next 7 weeks. Thanks to who ever reads x

Happyhomelands

I have posted in the type 2 board was told would probably be best to post up in here. I'm in my first week on day five now on the second day I came down with a cold but have continued on. I also have ME/CFS and fibromyalgia on top of the type 2 diabetes. I was diagnosed in October and have bg levels of 18 most days, I'm very excited about this diet as it's only day five and on day two my bloods were 7.2 and today on day five fasting bloods are 5.1!! Haven't had that in I can't tell you how long. So this in itself is giving me strength for the next 7 weeks. Thanks to who ever reads x
That is brilliant news well done. I have been doing moderate low carbing and have had similar experience. You have done this on top of other medical conditions. It must be a struggle, but you have achieved brilliant results. Keep it up. Out of interest has your GP supported this diet?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
What a smashing fbg in such a short space of time! It is lower than I ever had when I was taking fasting readings. Keep up the great work.

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why would someone want you to move the thread? You are undertaking a bit of research and useful information for anyone who is a Type 2. It shouldn't be restricted to a diet thread unless of course you are asking for advice on what you can and cannot eat to maintain your 800.

Keep going - publish everywhere and raise awareness of the great progress you are making.

AlcalaBob

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Congratulations on starting the ND. The benefits come in right from the outset. You've seen the drop in BG in the first few days and that's down to the energy shock to the liver, the sudden drop in energy intake. As long as you stick to the limits now, the liver will have time to recover insulin sensitivity and that in turn will give your pancreas a chance to recover as well. It'll take very little time for your liver to respond but a bit longer for the pancreas so hang in there, and don't let yourself slip back with various compromises. Those good results can easily slip away. I recently finished the ND with very good results - 10 kg weight loss so a lot thinner, blood in normal range, recovered some feeling in feet and toes, blood pressure down a little, much fitter with more energy... the list goes on. After a couple of weeks, I was into a routine so following it wasn't too hard. I just thought of it as a medical intervention rather than a diet. I'm now continuing it for another few weeks to lose more weight. I still have excellent control - 5.1 this morning. You're on the road to recovery... I wish you the very best of luck.

Reactions: pcs63 and Dinet

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations on starting the ND. The benefits come in right from the outset. You've seen the drop in BG in the first few days and that's down to the energy shock to the liver, the sudden drop in energy intake. As long as you stick to the limits now, the liver will have time to recover insulin sensitivity and that in turn will give your pancreas a chance to recover as well. It'll take very little time for your liver to respond but a bit longer for the pancreas so hang in there, and don't let yourself slip back with various compromises. Those good results can easily slip away. I recently finished the ND with very good results - 10 kg weight loss so a lot thinner, blood in normal range, recovered some feeling in feet and toes, blood pressure down a little, much fitter with more energy... the list goes on. After a couple of weeks, I was into a routine so following it wasn't too hard. I just thought of it as a medical intervention rather than a diet. I'm now continuing it for another few weeks to lose more weight. I still have excellent control - 5.1 this morning. You're on the road to recovery... I wish you the very best of luck.
Thanks AlcalaBob, that is how I'm seeing it as a chance to cure this not a diet. Like I've mentioned I have chronic illnesses that I've never seemed to be able to control. No matter what I eat or vitamins or medicine I take , but I knew that when I was diagnosed with diabetes they was a chance and I took. I come from a family with a history of diabetes so I'm determined to at least not to have to worry to long about my diabetes on top of the other stuff. Plus I've always taught my children to push though and try everything to the end .

Reactions: Serena51

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Question ? I'm drinking water the three litres and having a cup of cup of vanilla chai zero calories tea. Is their anything else you can drink on the ND ?

Muzzer

Type of diabetes
Type 2

Hi Smudge, welcome and good luck.
I did the ND, it’s not easy, but keep going no matter what - It’s worth it in the end,
One tip.... be careful when you finish the ND.... plan week 9 and your transition from ND to your ongoing eating/diet.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Question ? I'm drinking water the three litres and having a cup of cup of vanilla chai zero calories tea. Is their anything else you can drink on the ND ?

Tea. coffee, oxo.
Watch the oxo, very salty, makes you even thirstier.
If they're not no calorie, just make a note of it, and eat a bit less veg, or if you put a splash of skimmed milk in the coffee, leave a bit out of the shake later.

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Coming to end of first week so update here. Started on Monday.
Monday FBG . 9.7 start weight 18.5 stone.
Tuesday FBG. 6.2
Wednesday FBG. 6.2
Thursday FBG. 6.2
Friday FBG. 5.1
Saturday FBG. 6
Sunday FBG. 5.3 weight today 17.12 stone.
The week has been hard due to being ill with the cold bug but have kept on with it. Haven't put all the BG results on as have a really bad headache this morning so just the fastening ones. But I have noticed that if I eat my vegetables late my levels seem higher. Is this the case for others.

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tea. coffee, oxo.
Watch the oxo, very salty, makes you even thirstier.
If they're not no calorie, just make a note of it, and eat a bit less veg, or if you put a splash of skimmed milk in the coffee, leave a bit out of the shake later.
Thanks for this never thought about doing that such a clever way of doing it.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coming to end of first week so update here. Started on Monday.
Monday FBG . 9.7 start weight 18.5 stone.
Tuesday FBG. 6.2
Wednesday FBG. 6.2
Thursday FBG. 6.2
Friday FBG. 5.1
Saturday FBG. 6
Sunday FBG. 5.3 weight today 17.12 stone.
The week has been hard due to being ill with the cold bug but have kept on with it. Haven't put all the BG results on as have a really bad headache this morning so just the fastening ones. But I have noticed that if I eat my vegetables late my levels seem higher. Is this the case for others.

I didn't really check mine.
Not much I could do about them, so I just stuck to the diet, and figured after eight weeks, I'd be cured, or I wouldn't be.
Either way, I'd have shifted some of my gut, so I wasn't gong to stress over the numbers too much.

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
End of week 2 update lost 3and half pounds in weight .

Monday FBG 6.7
Tuesday FBG 5
Wednesday FBG 5
Thursday FBG 4.5
Friday FBG 4.6
Saturday FBG 4.9
Sunday FBG 5

I'm having really great FBG my bloods during the day are ok as well it's just the dinner ones when I have the veg , their are going up to the 8s not as high as I have had. But would like keep getting nice low reading. My dietitian has asked me to try and stay on this for 12 weeks not 8 .

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
End of week 2 update lost 3and half pounds in weight .

Monday FBG 6.7
Tuesday FBG 5
Wednesday FBG 5
Thursday FBG 4.5
Friday FBG 4.6
Saturday FBG 4.9
Sunday FBG 5

I'm having really great FBG my bloods during the day are ok as well it's just the dinner ones when I have the veg , their are going up to the 8s not as high as I have had. But would like keep getting nice low reading. My dietitian has asked me to try and stay on this for 12 weeks not 8 .

Excellent results, keep at it.

smudge75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
End of week 3 update
Have lost 4lbs this week

Monday FBG 5.1
Tuesday FBG 4.9
Wednesday FBG 5.5
Thursday FBG 4.6
Friday FBG 5.0
Saturday FBG 5.8
Sunday FBG 6.3

Bloods have been really great this week Saturday and Sunday were going the high 5 into 6s I think this is the fact I was struggling to have my intake of water. This is due to my other illnesses as having a bad flare with ME/ CFS and sleeping more than normal.
This week also has been a struggle with the mind as every smell and picture of food has been like calling my name. But I've been strong and struck to this. What I have done is download some books to prepare for when this ends and foods I will be eating then, so thinking of the future and not now.