1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Another Newcastle diet poster

Discussion in 'Low Calorie Diets' started by smudge75, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Fleegle

Fleegle Type 2 · Well-Known Member

keep going you are doing great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tannith

Tannith · Well-Known Member

Who asked you to move the thread?

3. Tannith

You can't lose with ND really. As JCB man says even if the worst came to the very worst and ND did not put your T2 into remission, you would at least have lost some fat and thereby improved your health.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinet

Dinet Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Hear hear! Same here

5. Tannith

Very well done. Congratulations. I too have other health problems which cannot be solved so am relieved that there is possible reversal of this one at least. It's one to cross off the list!

6. smudge75

smudge75 Type 2 · Member

End of week 4

Lost 3lbs this week

Monday FBG 5.8
    Tuesday FBG 4.9
    Wednesday FBG 4.9
    Thursday FBG 4.8
    Friday FBG 5.1
    Saturday FBG 5.7
    Sunday FBG 5.0

Really good results this week haven't been good in other health news though. But this is one thing that is going great. I'm a day late putting these up as spent day chilling out with kids for mother's Day. Was a strange one with being on the Newcastle but my kids bought me some thoughtful stuff and even got me a carbs and Cal's recipe book so I can start getting ready for when I transfer at the end .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. smudge75

smudge75 Type 2 · Member

End of week 5

Lost 2lbs this week

Monday FBG 5.7
    Tuesday FBG 5.4
    Wednesday FBG 5.6
    Thursday FBG 5.2
    Friday FBG 6.1
    Saturday FBG 5.2
    Sunday FBG 6.0

• Like Like x 1
  8. smudge75

smudge75 Type 2 · Member

Haven't posted in nearly a month.
    But doing really well with my FBS always below 6 every morning. Only reason haven't posted is cause being dealing with other health issues. I'm into the start of week 9 and I've lost 2 stone 2 lb . I know some may say the Newcastle diet is only 8 weeks but my doctor has said for 12 weeks.
    I've already been starting to sort out the diet for after and have everything in place for a low carb high fat diet. Hope anyone doing this diet if you feel you have any questions if I can answer I will try my best.

• Like Like x 1
  9. smudge75

smudge75 Type 2 · Member

Today is the final day of my Newcastle diet , I've done 12 weeks as my dietitian wanted me too.
    I've had some ups and downs it's not been easy but I've gotten to the end.
    I started the diet with a weight of 18.6 stone and I'm now 15.8 so just 2 pounds off losing 3stone.
    My bloods every morning are in 5s two hours after eating they don't go above 6.5.
    I've got my new lifestyle planned and ready so as not to fall back over and feel able to cope well.
    I would say to any one newly diagnosed with T2D to just give the Newcastle diet a try , you have nothing to lose by trying.
    So looking forward to my new tomorrow and the next challenge.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Salvia

Salvia Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

Congratulations; you should be proud of your success - especially sticking with it for 12 weeks! not an easy task. Hope things go well for you into the next stage of your new lifestyle. Perhaps let folks know occasionally how things go for you from here on; it could help to encourage others who may be considering following the Newcastle diet. :)

11. smudge75

smudge75 Type 2 · Member

The Newcastle diet is only meant for short term , it's sustainable by doing research and following it up with new healthy lifestyle .

12. charlie000

charlie000 · Well-Known Member

Hi

Congratulations. Thank you for posting. I am learning and you are an inspiration.

13. charlie000

charlie000 · Well-Known Member

Hi

Can you let us know what you have been eating? How much you sleep? What time you sleep? Exercise? So I can see similarities and differences

14. maldini

maldini Type 2 · Newbie

ive been on this diet 4 weeks and my fasting bllods are down to between 5 and 7except for 1 day when i broke the rules.ive more energy and i now go to the gym as well,for toning swimming yoga ,pilates,.ime really going to sick with it ,and a tiple of gin instead of beer is also on my list of changes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook