Libre & iOS compatibility almost here

RMSko

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It is superb on the iPhone , so easy and you don’t need a machine with you
Sure - rub it in to those who aren’t able to use the app yet haha! Looking forward to it being released in the US - hope it’s soon.

MIQ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sure - rub it in to those who aren’t able to use the app yet haha! Looking forward to it being released in the US - hope it’s soon.

Here is a screen shot, it’s very handy just using your phone
IMG_3610.jpg

Wickiman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
May I add one important point to those who are traveling or living in a different country and believe it is like ordering new blood sugar testing strips.
If I am not wrong, and Abbott please correct, you need for each and every country you order the sensor the reader from the country. Otherwise your sensor cannot be read.
I asked Abbott in Germany, if I can use their Sensors from China and I was told, yes you can. But no they are not compatible. I need the reader from China, which is, I am afraid, in Chinese only available.

This is a little frustrating.
I don't know if this is all linked to government regulation but it makes the life of us not easier.

emily deacon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does the app link up to the apple watch? Can I use an apple watch instead of the app?

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
May I add one important point to those who are traveling or living in a different country and believe it is like ordering new blood sugar testing strips.
If I am not wrong, and Abbott please correct, you need for each and every country you order the sensor the reader from the country. Otherwise your sensor cannot be read.
I asked Abbott in Germany, if I can use their Sensors from China and I was told, yes you can. But no they are not compatible. I need the reader from China, which is, I am afraid, in Chinese only available.

This is a little frustrating.
I don't know if this is all linked to government regulation but it makes the life of us not easier.

Eh?
I travel about 11 months of the year. Since starting using Libre in July last year, I have travelled to the US, Singapore, and Australia already.

I take sensors from the UK with me - enough for changes and a spare for each trip, and my own reader and now my phone can be used as a backup,

You are correct that sensors and readers are country specific but you are absolutely wrong that you need to buy both when you travel. Just take what you have with you.

Wickiman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Eh?
I travel about 11 months of the year. Since starting using Libre in July last year, I have travelled to the US, Singapore, and Australia already.

I take sensors from the UK with me - enough for changes and a spare for each trip, and my own reader and now my phone can be used as a backup,

You are correct that sensors and readers are country specific but you are absolutely wrong that you need to buy both when you travel. Just take what you have with you.

Hello RFSMarch,

I am from Germany but living in China now. I installed the app from the German app store but cannot use the Chinese Sensors.

As you said, when you are traveling and you have enough spare parts with you, no problem. But sometimes things go wrong and you need to get some extra.
I personal need now a Chinese version, Mexican and German version. And this should not be the case.

Wickiman

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello RFSMarch,

I am from Germany but living in China now. I installed the app from the German app store but cannot use the Chinese Sensors.

As you said, when you are traveling and you have enough spare parts with you, no problem. But sometimes things go wrong and you need to get some extra.
I personal need now a Chinese version, Mexican and German version. And this should not be the case.

Wickiman
Fair enough, I feel sorry for you then. There is a HUGE difference though between travelling regularly as I do, and relocating abroad which you have done, important distinction because if someone knew came along and saw your post they would think it was mandatory to have readers for every country.

It is, if you have done what YOU have done and moved over there for a time. It is not if you are away every month and returning back.

Also... if you feel that worried have a back up of a finger-pricking kit.

Wickiman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@ RFSMarch,

I should have been more specific.

Maybe in the future, after all countries have their sensors and Apps launched, they can be used crosswise.

Wickiman

Reactions: tsouza

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ RFSMarch,

I should have been more specific.

Maybe in the future, after all countries have their sensors and Apps launched, they can be used crosswise.

Wickiman

That would be an amazing goal - but I think we mere scanners are too much of cash cows for them to ever offer that. And given the issues they have keeping up with demand in just the UK - it would be an unholy mess if they ever launched multi-country sensors. Although it would make our lives so much easier to just buy one off the shelf ANYWHERE!

I flew to Australia with Etihad and the steward took an interest in the sensor - had an uncle who was diabetic and opted to order it when he is in the UK to take back...

BananaK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello lowaboy and RMSko,

I just have had contact with Abbott since I am in China, having the app but does not work with Chinese Sensors.
The app is only available in the following countries so far:

France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Sweden, Austria, The Nederlands, Switzerland, Portugal, Poland, Australia, Norway and Belgium

Sadly not true for Australia yet... I’ve just ordered a blucon to see how that helps.

Really looking forward to having phone functionality.

Interesting to hear about reader and sensor compatibility. I was considering importing sensors so my UK app download would work - glad I didn’t.

Wickiman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sadly not true for Australia yet...
Sorry to hear.
Means even Abbott does not know exactly in which countries the app already can be used.

Hope they are able to release the app soon.

The blucon looks interesting to me. which version did you order? Trans Am or Nightrider?
How do you get the data to your diabetes management system? I like to have all data: sensor, pump and blood sugar readings in one software to evaluate what I should do next and discuss with my doctor.

Rebeccanala

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.

I have a question about the Libre link up app. If you had a hypo, would it alert you like an alarm would on the iPhone?

Thanks in advance.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Found an article about setting up Spike for ios and libre, needs the blucon transmitter, £95. When I first heard about Spike, wasn't sure if it read from blucon or not, but the screenshot in the article lists it as a source. Haven't used Spike so no idea how good or bad it is.

https://www.mtransmiter.pl/?p=763&lang=en

21.png

zimou13

Type of diabetes
Insipidus
Treatment type
Pump
What you basically wanna do is make sure it’s up to sync with your old device, then disconnect it from the app. Delete the app on old devices and go to Bluetooth settings on your old devices and make sure it’s forgotten your Fitbit. Then on your iPhone 8 if you’ve already installed your Fitbit app delete and reinstall it, and continue the process of connecting with your new device. The blue tooth sync should work. It can't sync to 2 devices so it has to be removed from your old phone first

tsouza

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
See below for confirmation from Abbott that an App is currently being worked on for iOS 11 users after I contacted them last week.

Dear Mr. Finnerty,

Thank you for you contacting LibreLink Support UK.

Please be kindly informed that AirStrip is currently working on introducing the LibreLink App to iOS.

All the updates will be visible on our website at https://www.librelink.com/en .

In case of any questions, please feel free to contact us again on 0800 6123006 or by email on [email protected]-serv.com.

Yours sincerely,

Customer LibreLink Advisor.
Abbott Diabetes Care – on behalf of AirStrip

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Libre Support, I am a Libre CGM user. It’s an excellent device but being and iPhone owner (running iOS11) the libre link App for it would amazingly helpful. My question is is there plans to now develop it for iOS devices? Thanks, Tony

Please to know that FreeStle Libre app will be available for iOS / iPhone, but why block it for the Portuguese market? I live in Portugal and use FreeStyle.