12hr Basal?

not-so-lucky

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Can you get a long-acting Basal insulin which only covers you for 12 hours instead of 24 (I'm on Tresiba)? The only reason being is I'm dropping quite low during the night and I have my dosages well organised during the day, but having to eat extra supper to keep me 'suspended' up during the night because my overnight levels drop too low (had yet another hypo around 4am the other morning :brb:)

Because I'm doing well during daytime using Novo Rapid I was wondering if anyone can suggest a basal that can cover me overnight? - That way I can separately manage my overnight levels?

Any advice would be gratefully received and thanks in advance - Peace.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Can you get a long-acting Basal insulin which only covers you for 12 hours instead of 24 (I'm on Tresiba)? The only reason being is I'm dropping quite low during the night and I have my dosages well organised during the day, but having to eat extra supper to keep me 'suspended' up during the night because my overnight levels drop too low (had yet another hypo around 4am the other morning :brb:)

Because I'm doing well during daytime using Novo Rapid I was wondering if anyone can suggest a basal that can cover me overnight? - That way I can separately manage my overnight levels?

Any advice would be gratefully received and thanks in advance - Peace.

I'm in a similar situation, I don't think there is such a thing as a 12hr basal other then taking a small enough dose that it wears off in 12 hrs.

I don't take anything over night at the moment because I wake up with low levels as it is, even before starting on insulin. Trying to get appt with endo doctor as GP prescribed Levemir. I have stopped using it due to a range of side effects I get with it. GP doesn't know what to do.

Reactions: not-so-lucky