Criteria for pump

Fayesiec_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I keep asking my team to at least try me on the pump and it’s no no no.
Why I ask? Is there a specific criteria? Is it costs? Is it me?
I have just started my return to practice course- back to nursing. Been out of it for 10yrs. I believe the pump will help frankly!!
Am I missing something? Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated. (I’ve had Type 1 for 13mths btw).

dancer

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Obviously cost is a reason for most decisions but if you don't meet the NICE guidelines, they won't consider the pump. Have you checked the guidelines?

Reactions: Fayesiec_

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Have a look at this website http://www.inputdiabetes.org.uk
Gives guidelines and lots of other useful info.

I found there were quite a lot of hoops to jump through before finally getting a pump earlier this month including: dafne course (carb counting) & changing my basal insulin. Was also told 'no' by junior doctor altho nurse had said 'yes but I just kept asking and my new consultant (same hospital) finally said ok, funding came through 2 days before Christmas so it can happen.
Good luck and do as much research as you can to prove you really really want it.

Reactions: Fayesiec_

ruby_jane26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I keep asking my team to at least try me on the pump and it’s no no no.
Why I ask? Is there a specific criteria? Is it costs? Is it me?
I have just started my return to practice course- back to nursing. Been out of it for 10yrs. I believe the pump will help frankly!!
Am I missing something? Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated. (I’ve had Type 1 for 13mths btw).

Have you had any luck yet?