Lidl high protein roll

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are there any non-healthy type breads that are low carb. I am thinking light fluffy "plastic" white bread in the similar to Slimcea for those of you old enough to remember! :)

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Are there any non-healthy type breads that are low carb. I am thinking light fluffy "plastic" white bread in the similar to Slimcea for those of you old enough to remember! :)
Carbzone tortillas fit the bill. Stodge wise if not sliced bread like. I bet they're good with a curry too.

How sad I've answered myself!

welovedzig

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
:arghh: Went to Lidl yesterday for some rolls and there was not even a space where they should be. Asked at the till and was told they 'have some new ranges for Easter but haven't been told they have been discontinued' :bigtears:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
The LivLife stuff isn’t bad, 3.8g a slice. Satisfied my need for sardine toasties (drenched in butter) and a marmite sandwich (quite a bit of butter there too) this week... with the fat I didn’t need to inject, same as with the Lidl rolls.

Reactions: zauberflote

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The LivLife stuff isn’t bad, 3.8g a slice. Satisfied my need for sardine toasties (drenched in butter) and a marmite sandwich (quite a bit of butter there too) this week... with the fat I didn’t need to inject, same as with the Lidl rolls.

I like LivLife , it's lovely and filling but I don't digest it well. Every now and then I need a low residue diet and so need white "plastic" non fibrous bread.

Maria13128

Just phoned Lidi customer services, and was told they have discontinued their high protein rolls. They are trying to get a new supply, but at the moment none of their stores have them. They will put a message on Facebook when they have a new supplier. I am gutted, love them for my breakfast.

Reactions: dbr10

eabhamurphy

Just phoned Lidi customer services, and was told they have discontinued their high protein rolls. They are trying to get a new supply, but at the moment none of their stores have them. They will put a message on Facebook when they have a new supplier. I am gutted, love them for my breakfast.
Thanks for this info. I don't have facebook so just got my husband to follow Lidl on my behalf!
I obsessively checked all the Lidls within 20 miles of me. Have about 20 in the freezer but that won't last forever.
I've started making fathead dough rolls for breakfast. They have mozarella, cheddar cheese, egg, almond flour, oat fibre and bicarbonate of soda. Take about 10 mins to make and 15 to bake. Very low carb. Currently baking a different loaf recipe in my new bread maker.
I'm sure you have had these recommendations already but I've been surprised by how good alternatives taste and how easy they are to make. There is hope!

Claire17760

As Lidl have now declared that the Protein Rolls have been discontinued. please all sign the petition at Change.org

Sorry the site won't let me link the Change.org page :( Please search for Change.org - Stop Lidl discontinuing Protein Rolls

It may do nothing but let's try.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Pink_Minx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't bear it - they're not coming back! I've created a new thread with an update. I only have two left in my freezer! :wideyed:

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can't bear it - they're not coming back! I've created a new thread with an update. I only have two left in my freezer! :wideyed:
Doesn't make any sense to me. They were supposed to be quite popular.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I went against all my principles by signing a petition I don't agree with (hate the **** things, they are abhorrent lol) , I just can't allow the injustice to all my forum friends - so signed for the greater good :) - good luck with the crusade!