Status
Not open for further replies.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
carbs with no fat and fat without carbs both will work; It is the combination and there interaction. Now Fructose that is the real problem. Fructose = unregulated fat storage+hunger+lower vit D and there goes the spiral. There is a reason nature gives us fructose at the end of summer/autumn... storage for the winter.

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I figure toes know best.

If I eat fat, and I can't see my toes, fat makes me fat.
It I eat fat, and I can see my toes, fat makes me thin.
Same applies to carbs.
Can I see my toes?

So, to all the smart lads, (and lassses)

Who knows best, all the gurus, or your little toe.

I can see my toes, and that tells me fat makes me fat.

My little toe tells me, if I don't eat, I can see it.

So, I reckon sometimes there is more sense in my little toe, than the bright lads that quote all these studies, and all these google links.
If you can see your little toe on your diet, crack on.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
By the way just realised this thread is a cry for help for someone that is finding they are eating too much fat not about the function of carb and fat within the body. So I am chastising myself and everyone else and ask you all to return on topic.

Naughty naught me

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OP is being told they're wrong to worry?

Many disagree, and are trying to help.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think this is straying well off the path but yes binging on anything is not healthy. There is always a reason - habit, boredom,... I know for me it is my brain just saying one more and I have to slap it down often. It is normally food high in fructose or which is a good mix of fat and carbs. Funny I never want to binge on spinach or walnuts

Reactions: zand

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think this is straying well off the path but yes binging on anything is not healthy. There is always a reason - habit, boredom,... I know for me it is my brain just saying one more and I have to slap it down often. It is normally food high in fructose or which is a good mix of fat and carbs. Funny I never want to binge on spinach or walnuts

I think the cry of 'fat feast is good' may be the issue on here at times.
I realise this site has a very tightly defines audience, but even so, it's not always a good message.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Since being diagnosed a few weeks ago and going all low carb, I now realise I have replaced the usual biscuits and general carb rubbish I was binge eating with cheese and meats.

Yesterday I had basically a whole pack of Stilton cheese, and the day before a whole packet of continental meats in one sitting.

Did this happen to anyone else? In my first week I lost 2kg, and now this week I haven't lost anything. I am worried I will end up putting on more weight due to the excess fat. I know fat isn't as bad as we are all led to believe, but excessive fat surely is?

However, the good news is, my post meal sugar level rarely exceeds 6.0! I found out yesterday a few Nairn Oat Biscuits didn't make a lot of difference.

So, what is more important, a healthy sugar level or losing weight? I know they are both important, but should one be priortised?

Sorry to ramble on!

I did the same. Very few carbs, too much meat and cheese. Didn’t do much for either my weight or bg levels, already high. However, it took five weeks for me to end up with gastroparesis - paralysis of the stomach muscles! Now am on a no fibre, no fat, no meat, white carb diet. Weight, big levels, bp levels all down. Beware - the low carb diet is not for everyone.

Reactions: deb1960

flatusmaximus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been reading this thread with increasing bewilderment. I'm a 71 years old male with Type 2 that is reasonably well-controlled with Metformin, and my last HbA1c was 47, classed as a 'pre-diabetic' 6.5%. My New Year resolution was to go on a very low calorie diet of no more than about 1000 calories a day, in the hope of permanently reversing my Type 2, and since Jan 1st I have lost 19 lbs, something I try and visualise as nine two-pound bags of sugar lined up on the kitchen table !! I now weigh 14 stone 1 pound, so still classed as 'obese', but edging towards plain 'overweight'. I have stopped eating bread, cakes, biscuits, crisps, rice, potatoes, and root vegetables. My diet consists mainly of plenty of lean meat and fish, eggs, and salads made of mixed leaves, red, yellow, and green peppers, cucumber, celery, and occasionally some cheese or home-made onion soup. I don't suffer hunger pangs, and if 'peckish' I'll have a few walnuts, or a small 'easy peeler' orange. Just can't wait/weight to see what my next HbA1c is !!

Last edited:
Reactions: david1968

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been reading this thread with increasing bewilderment. I'm a 71 years old male with Type 2 that is reasonably well-controlled, and my last HbA1c was 47, classed as a 'pre-diabetic' 6.5%. My New Year resolution was to go on a very low calorie diet of no more than about 1000 calories a day, in the hope of permanently reversing my Type 2, and since Jan 1st I have lost 19 lbs, something I try and visualise as nine two-pound bags of sugar lined up on the kitchen table !! I now weigh 14 stone 1 pound, so still classed as 'obese', but edging towards plain 'overweight'. I have stopped eating bread, cakes, biscuits, crisps, rice, potatoes, and root vegetables. My diet consists mainly of plenty of lean meat and fish, eggs, and salads made of mixed leaves, red, yellow, and green peppers, cucumber, celery, and occasionally some cheese. I don't suffer hunger pangs, and if 'peckish' I'll have a few walnuts. Just can't wait/weight to see what my next HbA1c is !!

If it's working, stick to it.
Don't listen to anyone that tries to sell,you their diet, until you have given yours a fair crack.

If it works, stick to it.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I did the same. Very few carbs, too much meat and cheese. Didn’t do much for either my weight or bg levels, already high. However, it took five weeks for me to end up with gastroparesis - paralysis of the stomach muscles! Now am on a no fibre, no fat, no meat, white carb diet. Weight, big levels, bp levels all down. Beware - the low carb diet is not for everyone.
Sorry to hear your diagnosis of gastroparesis, there are a few others that have this condition so you could reach out in your own thread

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I figure toes know best.

If I eat fat, and I can't see my toes, fat makes me fat.
It I eat fat, and I can see my toes, fat makes me thin.
Same applies to carbs.
Can I see my toes?

So, to all the smart lads, (and lassses)

Who knows best, all the gurus, or your little toe.

I can see my toes, and that tells me fat makes me fat.

My little toe tells me, if I don't eat, I can see it.

So, I reckon sometimes there is more sense in my little toe, than the bright lads that quote all these studies, and all these google links.
If you can see your little toe on your diet, crack on.

.... Unless, of course one has retinopathy or drastic microvascular issues.

Reactions: LooperCat

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
.... Unless, of course one has retinopathy or drastic microvascular issues.

Bit rough, taking the p**s out of those that have.
I'd report yourself to a moderator if I was you, you miserable g*t

Just saying.

Probably worth deleting both posts eh?

Ban me, probably ban you as well, cos that's not really funny is it?

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By the way just realised this thread is a cry for help for someone that is finding they are eating too much fat not about the function of carb and fat within the body. So I am chastising myself and everyone else and ask you all to return on topic.

Naughty naught me
I think there is a bit of 'defining over eating fat' going on in this thread. And an exploration of the possible outcomes of over eating fat, if the definition proves to be a thing?

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think there is a bit of 'defining over eating fat' going on in this thread. And an exploration of the possible outcomes of over eating fat, if the definition proves to be a thing?

I can't do complicated.
Me, I over eat fat, I get fat.
If I don't over eat fat, I get thin.
It's not magic food for me.
Sorry if I don't fit in to the cult.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Enough! This circular point scoring is not helping the OP. I am locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.