Dr Jason Fung Interview

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Apologies if this has been posted before, but I just listened to this interview with Dr Fung. Easy to understand and very informative. If you have a bit of spare time it's well worth a listen.

Reactions: cocobee.2017

Sueco4

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a T2D that has been fasting since November after discovering Dr. Fung and reading his book on fasting. He has saved my life with his very informative podcasts, YouTube interviews, etc. He makes it so easy!

cocobee.2017

Hi Sue that is great news, how long do you fast for 12/8 or ? + did u lose weight as I really struggle with that

Sueco4

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Sue that is great news, how long do you fast for 12/8 or ? + did u lose weight as I really struggle with that
I do 24 hour fasts, eating lunch only. My lunch is LCHF. I mix it up by doing "fat fasts": bullet proof coffee for breakfast and lunch, usually don't do a third for dinner because I'm, not hungry. Helps me get into ketosis. I am still insulin resistant, however it is getting better all of the time. BG does not spike as high as it did when I "celebrate" occasionally with one of my favorite foods. I believe that the longer a person is insulin resistant, the longer it takes to heal and reverse diabetes. I've been insulin resistant for most of my life. Be aware that I'm on no diabetes meds. Have to monitor if on meds because it could be dangerous for diabetics. I have lost 36 lbs so far. Want to lose another 12. I feel fine! Fasting helps not only to lose weight but helps with all the inflammation that causes achy joints and other chronic complaints. I was a sugar addict before but now don't even think about sugary snacks. Yoyo dieting got me up to 192 lbs which is where I was when I became diabetic 3 years ago. I found Dr. Fung in November and am so glad I did. Give it a try. You will find it to be a real life changer. Good luck!

Last edited: