Who else is going?

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm going - hoping that in the future maybe we would get invited to the full conference

Frances

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Booked my slot.

I understand that the full conference is open to HCPs only, due to sponsorship rules for the drug companies (or some such similar reason).

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
i am registered and want to hear Prof Taylor! That reminds me that I need to pay my tenner....

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Prof taylor and more so the issues around genetics are whats caught my attention too

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very surprised he only gets a 30 minute slot especially after they paid for his research...
He gets a much bigger space in the 3 day professionals conference that runs before this 1 day add on event for us patient plebs

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He gets a much bigger space in the 3 day professionals conference that runs before this 1 day add on event for us patient plebs
Ah.. they do like to keep it secret in case us plebs get ideas above our stations and look after ourselves..we can't have that now..

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Just to note that I am driving in from the Ipswich area because the trains are out that weekend for Crossrail work. Booked into the car park and everything.

Anyone else in East Anglia with a similar travel problem is more than welcome to have a lift.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Think I might end up having a duvet day indoors!
Forecast for the part of London I live in is for snow in the morning and heavy snow in the afternoon - snow I can handle but I dont think I fancy the “ feels like -7 “ showing on the BBC weather site !!!