Any good experiences with Toujeo?

Naoglo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello :)

I switched to Toujeo today from Levemir. Sounded like a great idea when I spoke to the nurse about it. The main reason for switching is to try to reduce weight gain..and to try to get better control. My HbA1c sits at around 8 and I struggle to get it down despite exercise and carb counting etc
As I take levemir twice daily, I liked the sound of taking toujeo once a day.

Unfortunately, I am now reading some BAD things about Toujeo online that are worrying me.. very erratic blood sugars, weight gain, headaches, muscle aches.. now I'm worried..

I was wondering if anyone has had any good experiences of changing over to Toujeo? If so, what are they

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi
I switched to Toujeo
No problems
It brought down my high levels and has given me a certain amount of stability no other basal insulin’s worked for me at all whereas Toujeo has done the trick

Good luck

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Toujeo300 definitely works for me. Fantastically flat when not eating. I can sleep, reassured I'm not rising nor hypoing on it.
A very good insulin. :)

Naoglo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi
I switched to Toujeo
No problems
It brought down my high levels and has given me a certain amount of stability no other basal insulin’s worked for me at all whereas Toujeo has done the trick

Good luck

Hi Cumerland,

Thanks for this! I am feeling a bit better about it now. I know we all respond differently to things but there are LOTS of negative stories out there about it!!

Time will tell I guess (fingers crossed) :)

Reactions: Cumberland

Naoglo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Toujeo300 definitely works for me. Fantastically flat when not eating. I can sleep, reassured I'm not rising nor hypoing on it.
A very good insulin. :)

Wow this is great- thanks Ickihun.. I'm defo feeling better about it now :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi Cumerland,

Thanks for this! I am feeling a bit better about it now. I know we all respond differently to things but there are LOTS of negative stories out there about it!!

Time will tell I guess (fingers crossed) :)

It’s really a case of trial and error

I have been on levemir, humulin and insulutard as basal and they had no effect

Toujeo has been good for me but remember we are all individual what might for one may not work for another

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What I have found is that it says on box it lasts for 6 weeks after opening. As I am only injecting 9 units a day I obviously don’t get through much. However, I didn’t feel it was effective for that long. Spoke to pharmacist who recommended no longer than 4 weeks and I actually feel it is less effective after 2 weeks. It still works on an even keel, but a higher one and I always end up extra blousing. Anybody else find this?

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I'm fighting an infection at mo so I'm having higher bgs as the day roles in, due to possible slow digestion and constipation. Pre infection my bgs were steady all day.
Seeing GP Friday incase I need more antibiotics.
Sugar coated ibuprofen and buscupan not helping my bgs thou. :(

Abigail18

Hi,
I recently got changed from Tresiba to Tougeo as all the others I have tried so far hasn’t worked in stopping the hypos (I even surprised the nurse with how many hypos I had) and the first 2-3 days were great but now I seem to be running a bit high and struggle to get it to go down but hopefully with a few adjustments it will hopefully help. I read up on it before I got it and like you found so many negatives views but I’m hoping they are wrong
Good luck with it all

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've been on Toujeo300 for a few years now. Currently having great fbg. Daily bgs are still needing novarapid. Won't increase Toujeo300 in fear of hypos through night in bolus absence as I'm type2 after bariatric surgery.
Maybe if I return to Metformin I will be able to need less of both types of insulin. We'll see soon.

Is it just hypos that give Toujeo300 bad press?

Naoglo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sadly Toujeo didn't work out for me.. I put on weight very rapidly so am back on levemir and things have returned to normal .. I didn't really have any better control and still had plenty of hypos so the only benefit for me was one less injection per day- but that's no great hardship..

Just shows how everyone is different!!

Good luck to you all.. :)