Should I be disappointed?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done on your progress so far, you’ve made a brilliant start! I got my HbA1c and weight down primarily with diet, self monitoring and Metformin. Exercise has been virtually absent for me til recently due to arthritis and waiting for a long awaited foot op. I finally had the op just before Xmas and my weight loss which had stalled has restarted. Just walking an average of 20 mins a day is helping. It remains to be seen the effect on my next HbA1c but my meter says it’s improving too.

Hwad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done on your progress so far, you’ve made a brilliant start! I got my HbA1c and weight down primarily with diet, self monitoring and Metformin. Exercise has been virtually absent for me til recently due to arthritis and waiting for a long awaited foot op. I finally had the op just before Xmas and my weight loss which had stalled has restarted. Just walking an average of 20 mins a day is helping. It remains to be seen the effect on my next HbA1c but my meter says it’s improving too.

Thank you. I have always suffered with high expectations of myself . I have increased my activity with the aid of my Fitbit. Reading these responses makes me realise that I should pay closer attention to my food intake and subsequent BG monitoring. I’ll be looking forward to my next test. I have been reassured by all of you

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. I have always suffered with high expectations of myself . I have increased my activity with the aid of my Fitbit. Reading these responses makes me realise that I should pay closer attention to my food intake and subsequent BG monitoring. I’ll be looking forward to my next test. I have been reassured by all of you
I'm sure things will carry on improving - just bear in mind that there will always be someone on here who's doing better than you and you shouldn't let that get you down; go at your own pace even if it takes a couple of years or more to get where you want to be. As time goes on, you'll develop more of an instinctive feel for what pushes your bloods up and what doesn't - it's not the same for all of us but you will probably reach a state of affairs where you can judge what you can eat without sending your levels sky high but it may not happen overnight and, in fact, it's probably not healthy if it does :)

Good luck; you are clearly taking things seriously and it will come good in the time that's right for you.

Reactions: Speedbird and Hwad

Ann_W

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So far you’re more or less mirroring my journey. On diagnosis in oct 15 A1c was 101 I also chose not to be medicated and was down to 79 in 2 months. Nurse (who practically had to be rescucitated when I refused medication) admitted that they wouldn’t have expected a result as low as that in that space of time if I had been. Got it down to 41 in just under 9 months. Don’t be disappointed, be patient, you can do this

Hwad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So far you’re more or less mirroring my journey. On diagnosis in oct 15 A1c was 101 I also chose not to be medicated and was down to 79 in 2 months. Nurse (who practically had to be rescucitated when I refused medication) admitted that they wouldn’t have expected a result as low as that in that space of time if I had been. Got it down to 41 in just under 9 months. Don’t be disappointed, be patient, you can do this

Very encouraging Ann. Thank you and well done!