ADVICE WANTED..... where to wear?!??

Alison204

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone,

I thought I'd turn to the forum to see if I can gain any tips from the millions of users....... I'm aiming this post mainly at the female users (I'm not being sexist lol!) but any advice would be greatly appreciated.......

I've had a pump for 4 years now (Animas Vibe and for the last week Medtronic 640g) but I've never really found anywhere to wear it on my body that I would say was comfortable and doesn't get in the way. I currently wear it clipped to the waist of my trousers and I find that it slips round and is a bit bulgy at times depending on what I'm wearing. And when (excuse me!) I have to lower my trousers I always fear it will fall off (although the clip on the medtronic is fairly secure).

I've looked at different types of waist belts you can buy (see photo attached) and they all seem to be quite expensive for my liking and just wondered where other ladies wear theirs??

Or does anyone know where you can buy different types of belts from?

Thanks for your advice!! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 457

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone,

I thought I'd turn to the forum to see if I can gain any tips from the millions of users....... I'm aiming this post mainly at the female users (I'm not being sexist lol!) but any advice would be greatly appreciated.......

I've had a pump for 4 years now (Animas Vibe and for the last week Medtronic 640g) but I've never really found anywhere to wear it on my body that I would say was comfortable and doesn't get in the way. I currently wear it clipped to the waist of my trousers and I find that it slips round and is a bit bulgy at times depending on what I'm wearing. And when (excuse me!) I have to lower my trousers I always fear it will fall off (although the clip on the medtronic is fairly secure).

I've looked at different types of waist belts you can buy (see photo attached) and they all seem to be quite expensive for my liking and just wondered where other ladies wear theirs??

Or does anyone know where you can buy different types of belts from?

Thanks for your advice!! :)

I can find the image on the Medtronic site, but can't lof in to see the price.

I'm not a pumper, but my thoughts might be, if the costs is within reason, I wouldn't balk at it any more than I would balk at buying a particular bra to work with a dress/top, and theoretically you could be using the belt (for example) a lot. It's a tricky one, but price per wear could be minute.

Books1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I wear mine tucked into the side band of my bra (inside a baby sock) - works for me as I have a separate handset.
Frances

Alison204

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi
I wear my Medtronic in a band around my waist or sometimes lower or higher depending on what I'm wearing.

http://www.hid-in.com/shop/multiway-body-band-2-pack-classic-l2cc9

I find it comfortable. Haven't used anything else. Would find it tricky to just clip the pump onto my trousers or skirt.

X

Ooh I have just had a look on that website, they seem to get very good reviews!

I think I might just have to bite the bullet and get one, even if they are a little pricey I agree that using them will be worth it in the end if they are comfortable and do the job!

Thank you for your advice everyone! x

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I also wear my insight pump tucked in my bra, or in a hid-in 'pouch' beneath my bra. It's very small and so far it hasn't stopped me wearing anything. I have a handset so I don't need to remove the actual pump for blousing.
Good luck,
Christine

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I wear mine in a 'pouch for all' which is a Lycra belt, about £14, it's easy to tuck tubing into the belt, I've never felt comfortable wearing a clip as it makes it too bulky, when I am out and wearing a dress then I either double fold the lyrics belt and wear it round the top of my leg or tucked into the middle of my bra.

Ann48

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I wear my Medtronic 640 clipped on the middle part of my bra, for bed I wear a soft Lycra belt from funky Pumpers.com.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I found pouch for all belts much better than funky pumpers, as funky pumpers goes into a pocket which can twist easily as you move around during the day and it's more fiddly to get the pump out than pouch for all where the pump simply slips into a pocket with a clip fastening, also easier to wear for exercise as its more snug around the waist, after trying both belts - pouch for all was much better quality and styling.

Reactions: Ann48

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put mine in my pockets - usually trousers but sometimes the inner pocket of my jacket (I had two added to a favourite jacket - makes a very safe and accessible place for a pump).

Saffron26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use the hid-in belts and find them very good - much better than using the clip!

Reactions: Picci

Alison204

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you for everyone's tips and advice!

I've ordered a Hid-In multiway belt so I'll wait to see what that's like when it arrives, I can see from here and from testimonials on their website that they get great reviews!

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ooh I have just had a look on that website, they seem to get very good reviews!

I think I might just have to bite the bullet and get one, even if they are a little pricey I agree that using them will be worth it in the end if they are comfortable and do the job!

Thank you for your advice everyone! x
Mine is a Roche Insight with a separate bluetooth handset so I wear it in a bra in the middle but the best bra for this purpose is a sports type crop top as it does not slip out or beep accidentally. Today I am wearing a tight bodycon dress and it is nestled in a bra without being too obviously bulky. I have always requested a short 'lead' pump too so there isn't too much of the flex to accommodoate if I do wear jeans and want to put it into a pocket! Wll be checking out the belt link though as an alternative option.

Red Dot

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I put mine down my bra in a baby scratch mitt bought from Asda. You can get 4 for a pound. Sometimes use the clip I got with my pump (Medtronic) if it is hot when the down the bra option is a bit sweaty!

D

Deleted Account

I hope you like the Hid-In.
This is the only option I have ever found that works for a dress or skirt.
With trousers/jeans, I just clip it to my belt but I find the weight of my pump pulls down a skirt ... and I have no belt on my dresses.

I envy the women who can wear their pump in their bra - I have tried it clipped to the side of the side of my bra but find it irritates my arm pit; I have tried it clipped to the shoulder strap but before it falls off, it shows as a large bump; I tried it in my bra cup but unless I wear a larger than usual bra and a "chicken fillet" in the other cup, I look very lop-sided ... and even with the added extras I end up with a "square boob"; I have tried it clipped between the cups but, again, it shows as a large bump.

So, it's Hid-In, clipped to the belt or thrown across the room. I only did this once and the bed was across the room so it had a soft landing. I can't even react angrily without checking it's safe first!

fairylights

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I wear a soft crop type bra and it fits down the middle perfectly - you wouldn't notice it at all.

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
Something that I do, being an athlete, instead of having the insulin pump clipped to my pants the normal way, I make it to where my pump is basically inside of my pants. Another spot that works for me is putting the site on my arm, so that instead of the tubing sticking out and getting caught on everything, the tubing just goes down my sleeve and it's not sticking out.

Hope this helps!
-Jasmine

MuntiJay

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Diet only
I ordered Medtronic belt for $15 but I had not received it 'cause I messed up with the postal code. Surely the seller refused to send another one so I had to order one more time (this time I checked zip code twice on https://worldpostalcode.com/ finder). The belt is really comfortable. I had Hid-In but it didn't suit me.

Last edited:

Tracyann35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I pop mine in my bra and find its much more comfortable than wearing it on my waistband