T1D Fundraising At School

Ruby26913

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello! Me and my mum were thinking of trying to get my (primary) school involved with diabetes fundraising, and we have two good ideas - Type Onesie Day, And Dress Blue For Diabetes. In our school when there is a day when you wear your own clothes you have to pay: £1 a person or £1.50 for a family.
I really want to raise some money for Diabetes UK or JDRF, so I would appreciate any other ideas (that don’t take too much organisation) or experiences with this kind of thing. Thank you in advance.

- Ruby

Reactions: Juicyj and Rachox

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
You are to be commended for that ... loudly. Well done young lady

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetic cake day.
Exercise morning. Get the PE teacher to set up a 5 min routine for you and your clsssmates and then encourage/ force parents to do the challenge and then donate.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Ruby26913 Great idea :)

If you contact JDRF and find out where your local office is they should send you some fundraising support material like posters, t-shirts that type of thing.

I am just about to 'get your kit on' for JDRF this week, so running 26 miles in 28 days :eek: !!

Ruby26913

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Ruby26913 Great idea :)

If you contact JDRF and find out where your local office is they should send you some fundraising support material like posters, t-shirts that type of thing.

I am just about to 'get your kit on' for JDRF this week, so running 26 miles in 28 days :eek: !!

Good for you :)

Reactions: Juicyj

Ruby26913

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetic cake day.
Exercise morning. Get the PE teacher to set up a 5 min routine for you and your clsssmates and then encourage/ force parents to do the challenge and then donate.

Not that much into any kind of sport. Good idea though, thanks!