Amazing & Awesome Avocados.

• Thread starter Deleted member 308541
  • Start Date
Type of diabetes
Type 2

I hope you are making avocado egg salad (Just avocado and eggs mixed) and some avocado boats. Cut them in half dig a little meat out and drop an egg in and bake it until the egg is cooked

Reactions: Prem51

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh no's ...avocados are in short supply, they were a bit on the scarce side when we went shopping last.

This is freekin ridiculous though.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/20...strict-cafe-rationing-in-seasonal-gap/9349188

The West Australian avos were supposed to be here now.
Oh no !!! I didn’t read it all as it was breaking my heart for you.

Ours have been awesome and cheaper than a few months ago

Right out of the shell for me too thanks

@Tipetoo, for fun and games, try the fried in butter ones. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised! Tasted a bit like French toast. I little sweet, crispy and buttery

D

Deleted member 308541

try the fried in butter ones. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised! Tasted a bit like French toast. I little sweet, crispy and buttery
Thank for the recommendation, but I prefer savoury to sweet.

I have a pepper grinder which I have emptied out into a container, and put a half packet of dried chilli flakes into it and well shaken up to mix it together, then refilled. Gotta great taste on avo's.

D

Deleted member 308541

Here's a pix of the nearly empty pepper / chilli mix, and using a Abbot strip container as a scooper.

SXHAfGD.jpg

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank for the recommendation, but I prefer savoury to sweet.

I have a pepper grinder which I have emptied out into a container, and put a half packet of dried chilli flakes into it and well shaken up to mix it together, then refilled. Gotta great taste on avo's.

Hi @Tipetoo; love the idea of re-using stuff, and wherever poss creating new things from what's already in the cupboard! Good on you. :) Will definitely try it for myself.

Shame about the avo supplies over in Queensland - seems to have been a case of "feasts followed by famine, feast and now back to famine again" Hope you manage to get a few to tide you over - before they become too pricey :rolleyes:

I've tried one or two recently, but not very good taste-wise; they have been a bit too firm, and "dry" When I left them for a day or so, to see if they'd ripen a bit more, they just turned brown & soggy :yuck: - can't seem to win these days.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I like chipotle chaloola. Much less vinager then regular and a bit Smokey.

I don’t like using anything diabetic junk when I do t need to see it. Hubby likes the pots. Why? No idea.

As ridiculous as I can be, last night I got mad at my meter. Reading no where should it have been but things have been volatile lately. Has a temper tantrum, threw it against the tile back splash. ( actually just threw it and that’s where I’ve went ) Broke into three pieces. They all ricocheted into the garbage. Hubs and I busted out laughing. I have 120 strips and a new back up meter. Then all is done with that meter aNd strips are discontinued. At least I’ll get some use out of the back up meter.

What are the odds they all flew into the bin?? Too funny.

D

Deleted member 308541

Not much to report on the Avo front here, the new season Shepard avo's are rubbish for the price at $3.50 each they are overripe and are bruised.

Not many Hass about at present.

Good new for Macadamia nuts as they have just started this years harvest, and they have forecasted a 10% increase in nuts this year. Hope they come down in price.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’m reeling a little fragile today, and this thread has reminded me I’ve got a lovely Hass ripe and ready to go. I’m going in!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I haven't had an avocado over the winter, but with warm weather back now I thought I'd check out what was on offer at Waitrose today. They had avocados from Mexico, Israel and Spain. I bought a couple of the large 'perfectly ripe' Spanish avos at £1.29 each, and will have one tonight.

Reactions: Brunneria