Hate arguments
How many carbs? I find burgeon is 11gm per sclice

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The carbs would be fine for me but I'm not so keen on seeded bread - I use Morrisons protein bread at 8g carb per slice - it's a thin slice but bigger in size and smooth - out of all I've had it's the one nearest to "normal" bread for me

What I do like about all these lower carb breads is that it means the message is slowly filtering through and that's no bad thing :)

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
If I had bread for breakfast it would be 4 slices so even with this bread it would be about 40g of carbs. I can think of lots of better usages of 40g of carbs......

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What I do like about all these lower carb breads is that it means the message is slowly filtering through and that's no bad thing
Good point, maybe the general public will latch on to this like they did to "gluten free" and suppliers will see a market for low carb.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I just had a lidl roll toasted with a heap of red Leicester cheese on top - I only just managed to eat the last bit. They are seeded, but really filling, I find.
I might have to start cutting them in half before freezing, then having just half at a time.

Farrowlily

Type of diabetes
Type 2
How many carbs should I be having if I want to lose some weight can any one help I'm 64 and type 2

B

badcat

Very much depends on your individual metabolism, the level of carbs you are currently eating, what you replace carbs with etc etc. Some people need to go ketogenic (under 20g carbs) others manage fine on general low carbohydrate (under 130g carbs a day); some people tolerate higher fat and protein levels than others - everyone needs to find the individual balance that works for their body, for me at 60+ yrs, overweight but not obese and 20+ years into diabetes its 40-50g carbs to keep sugars good, to lose weight I also need to limit calories - as I say tho everyone is different and individual tolerance can change over time
My advice would be start with around 100g of carbs a day for a week initially, use a meter to check the impact that is having on your sugars and scales to check the impact on your weight. If your sugars are still running higher than you want and / or your weight isnt changing then drop carbs again until you find a level that gives good glucose control and some weight loss. Id take it down by increments of 10-15g carbs a day for a week at a time and keep monitoring sugars and weight throughout Id also suggest ditching all "empty carbs" ( highly processed, high sugar, etc) and concentrating on lower glyceamic load, naturally occuring carbs

Last edited by a moderator:

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
I just had a lidl roll toasted with a heap of red Leicester cheese on top - I only just managed to eat the last bit. They are seeded, but really filling, I find.
I might have to start cutting them in half before freezing, then having just half at a time.
I like the livlife low carb bread from Ocado and they are heavy seeded small load but 69 calories each slice and 3.8 carbs.

Oleblueeyes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’ve been eating Lidl’s ‘Low GI’ boule and its fantastic! £1.27 a pop! Not cheap but a great taste! Trouble is being baked or should I say rebaked on the premises it has no nutritional content label! It’s more filling than whole meal and not so much sugar. It also comes in roll size so easy to freeze! Give it a go and let us know!!
Keith
Morrison’s do something called pumpkin seed boule which appears to be similar for 80p!

Last edited:

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ve been eating Lidl’s ‘Low GI’ boule and its fantastic! £1.27 a pop! Not cheap but a great taste! Trouble is being baked or should I say rebaked on the premises it has no nutritional content label! It’s more filling than whole meal and not so much sugar. It also comes in roll size so easy to freeze! Give it a go and let us know!!
Keith
Morrison’s do something called pumpkin seed boule which appears to be similar for 80p!
It’s lovely but at 36% carbs, it’s too high for me - works out at 15g carbs per 40g slice.

0firefly1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
beetroot, celery, muesli, to name a few
Hi comrades, I have been trying Allison's Scandalous Seeds, tastes very nice, only 28.9g carbs

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
The carbs would be fine for me but I'm not so keen on seeded bread - I use Morrisons protein bread at 8g carb per slice - it's a thin slice but bigger in size and smooth - out of all I've had it's the one nearest to "normal" bread for me

What I do like about all these lower carb breads is that it means the message is slowly filtering through and that's no bad thing :)
@lovinglife I just checked this, it says 11g per slice if it's this one. Is the one you eat different?
304465011_0_640x640.jpg

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@lovinglife I just checked this, it says 11g per slice if it's this one. Is the one you eat different?
304465011_0_640x640.jpg
I haven't had that one though I've seen it - the one I eat is Morrisons own brand protein bread, or warburtons do one also that is similar - will try get pics for you :)