What are you doing now and humorous banter.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hello all, I enjoyed the general chat thread that appears to be taken down. It was a great way of raiseing spirits and bringing a smile to people's faces. This site is so useful and has helped me in the short period of time I have been active. Also some of my serious posting on some of the other threads I hope have helped others.
Now here's the important bit. I have had to counsel patients with life threatening and terminal illness and I have seen the positive effects of humour when they are in the ( virtual also ) company of others suffering from the same illnesses. In my humble opinion this site needs something where members can communicate.

Last edited by a moderator:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello all, I enjoyed the general chat thread that appears to be taken down. It was a great way of raiseing spirits and bringing a smile to people's faces. This site is so useful and has helped me in the short period of time I have been active. Also some of my serious posting on some of the other threads I hope have helped others.
Now here's the important bit. I have had to counsel patients with life threatening and terminal illness and I have seen the positive effects of humour when they are in the ( virtual also ) company of others suffering from the same illnesses. In my humble opinion this site needs something where members can communicate.

I should edit this to say where members can communicate with each other about their life without mentioning the dreaded word diabetes.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Who mentioned diabetes.?

I have a life outside that stuff.

Every little helps...
I don't think we've had the pleasure of a formal introduction. @alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

Who mentioned diabetes.?

I have a life outside that stuff.

Every little helps...
I don't think we've had the pleasure of a formal introduction. @alf_Josiah

The only thing we have in common on this site is we all have diabetes in some way shape or form. What I am worried about is that over politically correctness will kill the appeal of this site and the usefulness of this site and inadvertently one or more members because of the fear of offending. In my humble opinion let the humour run bad language is a total no no, english is such a powerful language you don't need to swear.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I have no idea how personal messages work on this site.

Reactions: Cumberland

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi alf if you click on a persons name you should see a red envelope if you click on that you should be able to send a message thats for mobiles and on the website again click on name and you will see a line saying send private message .

Last edited:

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On a computer, click on the envelope at the top RH of the page; this should take you to a page headed "Conversations". Towards the top of that page you will see a green button labelled "Start a new conversation". Click on that, and off you go.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately it was necessary to temporarily remove the ‘What are you doing now?’ thread from view while the moderation team removed a number of posts which broke the forum rules.

Edited to add:

That thread was cleaned up and reopened, but has now been deleted by its original poster.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Question: How can I edit the title of this thread ? Many thanks in anticipation of answers.
Alf
ps
Stroke of luck nobody bought me any Easter eggs, but there is a huge lump of dead cow ( steak ) in the kitchen for tonight.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

Yes. You can edit the title of the thread. Just let me know what you would like it called and I (or any of the mods) can change it for you.

Reactions: Freema

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

Yes. You can edit the title of the thread. Just let me know what you would like it called and I (or any of the mods) can change it for you.

Will do shortly thanks.
Whoops , just realised that two sum I could be calling you Shortly ( I would correct my spelling if only I could spell dictionary ) . We're not having an Easter egg hunt, we're having a hunt the sanity pills here.

Reactions: karen8967

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Question: How can I edit the title of this thread ? Many thanks in anticipation of answers.
Alf
ps
Stroke of luck nobody bought me any Easter eggs, but there is a huge lump of dead cow ( steak ) in the kitchen for tonight.
Sheep in mine

Reactions: alf_Josiah

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Gobbler on my menu.......found it hiding in the freezer.......:joyful: :woot:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi,

Would you mind changing the title to " what are you doing now and humorous banter " .
Many thanks