Freestyle lite scanners

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hello all I haven’t been around for a while but I suspect my nAughty blood sugar is playing up again! Thank decided I would buy some more sensors for my scanner and they seem to have become ridiculously expensive is this right?? £50 for one? Xx

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all I haven’t been around for a while but I suspect my nAughty blood sugar is playing up again! Thank decided I would buy some more sensors for my scanner and they seem to have become ridiculously expensive is this right?? £50 for one? Xx

Hi there Linagirl - I'm sorry you've been having issues. The Libre has always been c£50 per sensor.

Since thet have been available on prescription, some members have reported being able to buy them at their local pharmacies, and sometimes cheaper too.

There is a thread, in the T1 area, I believe, discussing it at some length.

Reactions: Linagirl

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Linagirl, good to hear from you again. Sorry to hear your bs isn’t playing nicely. The Libra sensors have already been around the £50 mark unfortunately.

I hope it gives you some answers. Are you still low carb?

All the best

Kaz

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Kaz how are you? Xx

I’m pretty good thanks. I seem to have found a diet that works well for me. Some days I can go 5-6 hours between meals without a hypo, which is a situation I never thought I’d be in! It’s brilliant!

How are things with you? Are you keeping well?

Do you drive? Have you informed the DVLA of your RH? I had to renew my photo license a couple of weeks ago and it says you have to inform them of any health changes. I’ve had to fill out forms and they are investigating further. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I can still drive! xx

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I’m pretty good thanks. I seem to have found a diet that works well for me. Some days I can go 5-6 hours between meals without a hypo, which is a situation I never thought I’d be in! It’s brilliant!

How are things with you? Are you keeping well?

Do you drive? Have you informed the DVLA of your RH? I had to renew my photo license a couple of weeks ago and it says you have to inform them of any health changes. I’ve had to fill out forms and they are investigating further. Just keeping my fingers crossed that I can still drive! xx

If you are confident in not going hypo, and get medical letter stating your health, then you should be able to, just T1s.
I enquired a few years ago. There was no reference to RH, that they could refer to.
So glad you are having success with your balance of foods.
Long may it continue!

Best wishes

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are confident in not going hypo, and get medical letter stating your health, then you should be able to, just T1s.
I enquired a few years ago. There was no reference to RH, that they could refer to.
So glad you are having success with your balance of foods.
Long may it continue!

Best wishes

Thank you. I’m wondering now if I’ve done the right thing informing them! Neither my GP or Endo advised me to notify the DVLA, so not sure if I needed to. Better to be safe than sorry though I guess.

I haven’t had a true hypo (by which I mean a bs reading under 4) since my last eOGTT. Since getting my levels under control I can sit quite happily in the mid 4’s before eating with no symptoms at all. Just like a normal person I guess (feels good to say that ). I still get mild symptoms if I have a sharpish drop in bs even if it’s still in the 5’s so I’m very confident in my ability to drive safely.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

All the best

Kaz

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thank you. I’m wondering now if I’ve done the right thing informing them! Neither my GP or Endo advised me to notify the DVLA, so not sure if I needed to. Better to be safe than sorry though I guess.

I haven’t had a true hypo (by which I mean a bs reading under 4) since my last eOGTT. Since getting my levels under control I can sit quite happily in the mid 4’s before eating with no symptoms at all. Just like a normal person I guess (feels good to say that ). I still get mild symptoms if I have a sharpish drop in bs even if it’s still in the 5’s so I’m very confident in my ability to drive safely.

Hope all is well with you and yours.

All the best

Kaz

That is how I feel all the time! No hypos!

I'm confident in what I'm doing is right, so you should be.
So different from those anxiety filled days!

I'm great!

Best wishes

Reactions: Kaz261