I love mySugr

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got this app 6 days ago and have just entered enough data to estimate my HbA1c.

Yes I know it will be different from a blood test. Yes I know it is only looking at data from a few days. The past few days I have had numbers that have been much better than those in the past.

My starting point in November was 122 my Sugar estimates it is currently 38.6.

It will probably creep up but right now what a psychological boost. I was about to get a snack. I won't bother now.

Aseiten

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll look up the app. I'm new and started to monitor today out of curiosity. Need good app to monitor..

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a total MySugr addict - been using it for nearly a year now :)

Reactions: xfieldok

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The app is free but I opted to pay £2.99 per month for extra features. Well worth it to boost your health.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Polgara have you had the chance to compare their estimate against your HbA1c?

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I switched to MySugr a few months ago from One Drop - it's good but I've not seen anything compelling enough to pay for the premium version.

Lally123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I got this app 6 days ago and have just entered enough data to estimate my HbA1c.

Yes I know it will be different from a blood test. Yes I know it is only looking at data from a few days. The past few days I have had numbers that have been much better than those in the past.

My starting point in November was 122 my Sugar estimates it is currently 38.6.

It will probably creep up but right now what a psychological boost. I was about to get a snack. I won't bother now.
I find MySugr pretty accurate. My last Hba1c blood test was 3 months ago MySugr predicted 39.9, actual was 40. As long as you get a fair range of blood glucose levels on there I think it's quite impressive!

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I love MySugr, I’ve got the premium version but have no recollection of subscribing monthly or yearly. I think I may have had an offer when it first came out to get the Pro version for life. I think the phsychology within the app is very clever - keeps you logging everything, and the tags are very useful if you want to compare how something like a headache, allergies or menstruation affect your levels. I’ve spotted a few influencing factors using these that I didn’t know about before.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
I use mySugr too. I wish I'd discovered it before my last Hba1c, not after. At the moment it's telling me my Hba1c is likely to be around 5.8%, or 39.9. I'm due an Hba1c soon, so if the actual result matches the mySugr estimate I'll be overjoyed!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve used my MySugr since my diagnosis 11 months ago. I’ve had three lab tests to compare HbA1c results, they were all pretty close.
Sept ‘17 lab result 36 MySugr 34.4
Dec ‘17 lab result 33 MySugr 32.9
Feb ‘18 lab result 35 MySugr 34.0
Currently MySugr is showing 32.2, but I don’t get another lab test til August so it’s good to know it’s not far off the ‘real one’. I test between 4 and 7 times a day
What do you get extra for your £2.99/month pro version @xfieldok ?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To be honest I don't remember. Perhaps the export thing.

Reactions: Rachox

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
The app asks me on occasion if I want to upgrade so that I can log medication. As I'm not on any I haven't bothered.

@Rachox - thank you for the numbers comparison - very heartening.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
6D1572E7-D31C-47BB-B215-FF5D7137D647.png

Reactions: xfieldok

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’ve used my MySugr since my diagnosis 11 months ago. I’ve had three lab tests to compare HbA1c results, they were all pretty close.
Sept ‘17 lab result 36 MySugr 34.4
Dec ‘17 lab result 33 MySugr 32.9
Feb ‘18 lab result 35 MySugr 34.0
Currently MySugr is showing 32.2, but I don’t get another lab test til August so it’s good to know it’s not far off the ‘real one’. I test between 4 and 7 times a day
What do you get extra for your £2.99/month pro version @xfieldok ?
I think it's just some extra tags plus the camera? I like haivng the camera as I'm a very visual person - but it's probably not worth it really :)

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
I signed up for it but not being very good at these type of things I gave up because I couldn't work it out, memo to myself, must try harder and look at things better.